Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brando06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
What are your thoughts, i use the newest beejive, but wanna know what everyone elses thoughts are??

raison

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2009
What are your thoughts, i use the newest beejive, but wanna know what everyone elses thoughts are??

I like beejive. Specially the 7 day push feature. But don't forget about fring. They are offering video chat now and it's free. The only downside is the 6-8 hours push. But it's a great alternative.

brando06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I like beejive. Specially the 7 day push feature. But don't forget about fring. They are offering video chat now and it's free. The only downside is the 6-8 hours push. But it's a great alternative.

ya i only have a 3g so will the video work?

Yazdaz

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2010
ebuddy sux

i have purchased the beejive from appstore and been very happy with it, but faced a problem i had to delete and reinstall it but when i went to appstore they told me that i have to upgrade for 3.1 to install the new beejive, so until i update to 3.1 i decided to use ebuddy the free version.

1- the application sux and no comparison should be with the beejive.
2- it kills the batter twice as fast as the beejive does.
3- it has to login wheneve the phone goes on lock mode.

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA

eBuddy Pro has a 7 day thing going on too. I actually prefer ebuddy pro.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
This is off topic and sorry to bring this thread back to life but I felt it was better then starting a new thread, but is anybody else having issues with Beejive right now?

Last night around 8pm EST I was in Beejive and looked away and then looked back and all I had was the Apple logo on my screen. Somehow my whole phone crashed. After sitting on the Apple logo for a long time, it finally started back up and everything works fine, but Beejive crashes when I open it. Anybody else having similar issues? I just want to see if its a Beejive server issue before I go reinstalling it again and lose all my conversations/settings.

cupton

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2010
I have left Beejive for eBuddy Pro and I'm very happy with it! eBuddy Pro is super fast on iOS4 with multitasking and lightweight. My only real issue with eBuddy Pro right now is that there is no copy & paste in the app, so if you want to keep a record of your conversation, DO NOT delete the chat or take a screenshot. eBuddy support let me know that they are working on copy & paste in a future release though. Buying the Pro version of eBuddy for me was a no brainer because of the 7 day login and no ads. The themes are a little to girly for my taste, but I like the classic default theme anyway.

Beejive definitely is a full featured app, but I didnt use half of them since I'm not a real heavy IM'r. For quite a few weeks now, I have been getting the random disconnects from Beejive using GTalk. Everything is nice and stable with eBuddy Pro. I'm not going to delete Beejive from my phone, it's an excellent app and might make it's way back to my dock, but for now, I'm using eBuddy. Pro.

Hope this helps!

MacChinoNyc

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2008
Ive been a longtime beejive user from my blackberry days but I'm ready for a change and not really feeling the $9.99 beejive price. I have a user license from my blackberry days, and I have purchased the iphone version as well months ago when I was using a 3gs but their customer support isnt helping me transfer anything over to the iphone 4 so I dont feel like paying an extra 9.99. I think I'm going to try ebuddy.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2008
Ive been a longtime beejive user from my blackberry days but I'm ready for a change and not really feeling the $9.99 beejive price. I have a user license from my blackberry days, and I have purchased the iphone version as well months ago when I was using a 3gs but their customer support isnt helping me transfer anything over to the iphone 4 so I dont feel like paying an extra 9.99. I think I'm going to try ebuddy.

1. If you bought Beejive using your iTunes account, when you go to re-download it won't charge you again.

2. Beejive ***** on ebuddy.

Futhark

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
I've been using Beejive for a long time and love it !!! To the eBuddy lovers tell me why I should change? Just curious what Ebuddy does that beejive doesn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.