beejive

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by donm3ga, Aug 31, 2008.

1. donm3ga macrumors member

I dislike how aim and all the other chat programs kick you off when you exit the app. I know aim keeps you logged for an extra five minutes woohoo. Well from my experience and reading beejive keeps you logged in for up to 2hours after you exit safari. It's web based but still good. It doesn't notiy you when you have a new message but hey it's an improvement.

Any one else fond any good chat apps or web based ones?

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

for web based apps i always liked meebo. if you really like beejive, though, you're in for a treat. they're making a native application for the iphone.

link

3. donm3ga thread starter macrumors member

Anyone else find an instant message program (application or web based) that keeps you logged in after you log out? Just looking for something longer than 5 and 15 minutes.

So far BeeJive is the only one I have found.

4. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

MobileChat is supposed to keep you always connected to their servers. It sends you email or SMS alerts when you get a new IM. Unfortunately, it hasn't quite worked up tp their specs so far for me. I'm hoping it does soon. It has great potential. I like the GUI a lot (one of the best parts being that you can IM in landscape mode) but it is just a little too buggy for prime time right now.

5. protekt0r macrumors regular

protekt0r

Yeah I think this was done for memory management and to reduce the number of potential phone crashes. Apple should make an exception for instant messaging programs like AIM. The web based stuff is a good idea but it's sort of cumbersome.