BeeJiveIM Crashing w/ Custom Fonts

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LaZyFLiP, Oct 16, 2010.

1. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

Anyone running a custom font and have BeeJiveIM working too? I can open up BeeJiveIM but as soon as I try to sign in to on of my accounts the app crashes out. If I restore back to the default fonts BeeJiveIM works fine. Just trying to see if I'm the only one experiencing this.

2. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Are u sure its the custom font? I'm using a custom font and have the same problem, I didnt have this problem before 4.1. I'll try to restore back to the default font and see what happen.

Edit: Restore back to stock font and it works. So solution for now is to restore to stock font if u want to use beejive.

3. derek420 macrumors member

Is there really no other fix? There has to be, how can a font cause such a big problem..Sucks to choose between Beejive & Neutraface lol.

4. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Dont think its the font as many others are having that problems with 4.1 in itself. Even check their support forums.

5. derek420 macrumors member

Idk, the common culprit seems to be the font change. That's the case for me at least, only started crashing once I changed my fonts [which is a bummer]

6. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Just use Meebo while they fix it. Comparable functionality and it's free.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I had to lol at this. Fonts can cause huge problems to the point of bringing a system down. Font errors can slow down computers, cause beach balling or hour glasses, etc. Some of the most messed up problems in all of my years in IT were solved by font repair programs.

8. derek420 macrumors member

IF they fix it, have they given word that they're aware of the issue?

Really? Well now that's an interesting thing to know..I would've never thought. I suppose I'm just used to using FontSwap and never encountering issues, versus replacing the files directly like I did this time.

EDIT:

Btw, Beejive will only crash if you replace the HelveticaNeue.ttc font, you can replace the Helvetica.ttc font and the app still works.