Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dextor143

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2008
USA
Hi,
I jailbreak and unlocked my phone. Yesterday I start using BeejiveIM and went online to fix that push notification, now I do get push notification but I am also getting messages from some unknown people. They only appear on Push and when I view them there is nothing inside the chat thing.

I dont know what is up with this? Any one having the same issue?

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
It's a known problem with hacktivated phones and push. I think that in order for push to work properly, the device needed to be activated with an officially supported carrier first, to properly register your device token with Apple. If your device was never activated, you're probably sharing someone else's token.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Hi,
I jailbreak and unlocked my phone. Yesterday I start using BeejiveIM and went online to fix that push notification, now I do get push notification but I am also getting messages from some unknown people. They only appear on Push and when I view them there is nothing inside the chat thing.

I dont know what is up with this? Any one having the same issue?

And you can be sure someone else is reading your messages :eek:

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
Yes, I've tried it. I had tried another "fix" that only sporadically worked, but this one is perfect. You can read a discussion about it here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.