Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBuddySupport

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
What do you think of the Apps interface, reliability, price, do you regret buying it? Please tell me the good and the bads.

I am considering buying it.

Rate it with Apples:)apple:)

To me it is
:apple::apple::apple::apple:3/4

Amt

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2008
What do you think of the Apps interface, reliability, price, do you regret buying it? Please tell me the good and the bads.

I am considering buying it.

Rate it with Apples:)apple:)

To me it is
:apple::apple::apple::apple:3/4

The UI is pretty great, in my opinion. Doesn't look flawed. The reliability is great, and the price of $15.99 is a little high, but in time it'll become worth it if you're an avid user. I rate it : :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

MacBuddySupport

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
OK, I guess I will buy it, as soon as I get a refund for MobileChat.
I can not wait to get it.

Yeah

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Beejive is great just pricey. I wonder if they will have a sale like just about every other app I purchased.

JordanMiller

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
The price kind of held me back, but I just got really drunk one night and bought it, and I'm in love with it.

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan
It works greats, they have a good background in solid IM apps (so I will be pretty surprised to see a server issue :p), the UI is nice, the logo isn't amazing, I love it!



bigrobb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2008
Tennessee
i like it alot i waited and read several reviews on here and everyone seemed pretty pleased with it so I bought it and I love it, to me the price is worth it especially as much i use it, I dont mind paying a little more as long as it works and for me it has worked exactly as advertised, I havent had one problem with it.

Jayden0606

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Bergen County, NJ
Apps Interface... Superb and very pleasing to the eye. The transparent chat screen is awesome.

Reliability... I've never missed a message. Push notification to my MobileMe is flawless. I may actually switch it to sms (wirelessnumber@txt.att.net)

Price... I think it's worth it, but will be even more so with push notification (if that ever comes).

If I could get my money back, I wouldn't take the offer. I love it as much as twitterriffic.

You can check out this thread I have with my impressions an pictures.

Duvi

LinMac

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2007
I don't think the price is too high when you compare it to similar programs for the Blackberry or Palm platforms. The program works as advertised and the alert notifications are handy.

It is worth the cost to me, but I need IM for professional as well as private reasons. The official AIM application will be enough for most people I imagine.

efp1

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2008
UK
I agree with everyone. Best IM app out there so far. I've had all of them, trust me. Even mobilechat.

Don't bother waiting for a refund. I contacted apple over a month ago and they haven't even replied (yet?).

I rate it :apple::apple::apple:

3/4 only because they can make it so much better. They can add the photo feature palringo has, smileys, etc.

ryanwarsaw

macrumors 68030
Apr 7, 2007
Beejive is one of the few apps out there that are useful. It is worth every bit of the price. It is also one of the apps that 99% of the forum users here rate very highly. The only ones that don't seem to be relatives of Mobilechat devs or cheapskates that don't own it.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
I enjoy the app.

I forked out the dough for it, and I have yet to regret it. It works, and I use this app the most out of all of them. Is the price high? Yeah it is, but it is hard to focus on that when the app is doing what they said it would.

With so many apps that don't work as advertised, Beejive is worth it. I wouldn't buy it if I didn't use chat a lot though.

superstrikertwo

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2008
California
I love it mostly.

I wish they would add the ability to send a picture (from camera or your photo library on the phone).

Palringo has that feature (and sending voice).

On their site it says it is coming and will be real transfer instead of the stupid upload to server link thing.

jaseone

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
Houston, USA
BeejiveIM 1.0.2 is out!

Major new features that I care about:
- Auto away: allows you to set a timeframe for when you should appear away between immediately and 1 hour
- Disable the disconnect messages - No more annoying You have connected elsewhere messages when you know that already (note: isn't clear whether this disables all disconnect messages such as network disconnects but for me that doesn't concern me)
- Memory management is improved so keyboard lag should be reduced

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
BeejiveIM 1.0.2 is out!

Major new features that I care about:
- Auto away: allows you to set a timeframe for when you should appear away between immediately and 1 hour
- Disable the disconnect messages - No more annoying You have connected elsewhere messages when you know that already (note: isn't clear whether this disables all disconnect messages such as network disconnects but for me that doesn't concern me)
- Memory management is improved so keyboard lag should be reduced

OMGOSH!!! updating now.. can't believe how productive these people are, compare to MobileChat's 1.5months update(still not working)!!

pro3g

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
South Florida
This program is worth the money it is the best IM program for the iphone!
I wasn't sure at first because it is expensive but you pay for what you get the program works great.

Also the new updates are awesome runs even better and that new feature to shake the phone to switch IM's is really cool!

MacBuddySupport

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Great. to see that one IM App has a positive feed back. I will be buying it today as soon as I get home.

I can not wait...

he he

Sent from my iPhone

jda1977

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2004
I just purchased a 2g touch. Would this app be useful if only over wifi or is it more for a data plan app? Sorry new to these apps, thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.