Mobile OSs Been a bumpy year for me with android so good bye for now.

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mellofello, Dec 20, 2016.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

I have had nothing but bad luck this year with android. Had a defective S7 edge, left for Europe with a brand new note 7 the day that they started blowing up, and now cracked my v20.

It was time to come back to iOS. Can't say I am to happy about it. The 7+ is a decent phone, but not being able to tweak the UI to my liking is really irking me. Also never thought the lack of app drawer would be my most missed feature. Also why in 2016 can I not choose how many rows of apps I have.

At the same time it is nice to peak my head back in and check out what apple has been up to. Lots of nice little tweaks since iOS 8.

No point to this post just signing off of android. I will probably end up with a s8, but getting scolded by multiple flight attendants, and the stress of all the note 7 drama is still fresh in my mind.

Happy holidays.

2. AccenT macrumors newbie

3. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

good phones are out there in iOS and android land. Buy what you like.

Really don't see why this thread exists though.

4. v0lume4 macrumors 68000

v0lume4

5. DaveOP macrumors 65816

So you had a Note 7 that had a hardware problem, you dropped your LG and cracked the screen, but it's Android's (software) fault? Sounds to me like you wanted an excuse to buy a new phone.

6. admob71 Suspended

admob71

7. Suckfest 9001 macrumors 65816

Suckfest 9001

Gotta love how we get a thread every time somebody decides something and clearly has buyer's remorse.

I think if people were truly happy with their decision, they wouldn't run to the forums to seek validation.

8. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

I bet if you had the Nexus 6P earlier this year, and the Pixel XL more recently, you'd have a much different opinion.

I feel bad for iPhone fans, that finally try Android out, and pick up the sh!ttty Samsung Galaxy phones, Touchwiz just blows, and gives Android a bad rap. Likewise the LG V20 is OK, but it's not stock Android.

Try a Pixel XL and I bet you love it.

9. mi7chy macrumors 601

mi7chy

He'll be back in no time after experiencing all the iOS 10.x bugs, crashes, reboots and shutdowns at 40% battery.

10. scott craft macrumors 6502a

I went from Android to iPhone two years ago and now I'm using an S7. It's amazing and clunky at the same time. I should have gotten a pixel.

11. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Kind of like bugs, glitches, crashes, restarts, and all that that people experience with Android? Or is it basically just some things that some people experience, while most don't really experience most of those things and/or not nearly to the degree that affects them much?

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

This has been my experience. Samsung sells aesthetically pleasing hardware with horrible software and that definitely makes Android look bad. Using straight Android on a Pixel (I haven't touched a Nexus since the Nexus One), its clear that Google is improving their OS while Cook & Co. continue to bog down iOS without working out simple bugs before releasing.