Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Today I woke up to news that a friend was murdered yesterday. He was a great guy, caring father, and he will be missed by everyone that he has touched in his life. He really brought light and fun to any situation, and cared for his friends and family.

I know there was a lot of drama between his ex and him, while I can't say this was unexpected I am still in shock over the fact that someone can in cold blood do this to another human being.

His ex wife was arrested for murder today.

I know this isn't game or console related, but I really feel like over the years of being in here I have gotten to know quite a few of you in this section of the forum. I just wanted to vent as it has been a rather rough day.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
That's awful. :(:(

It's horrible times like these that remind us just how fragile we are, and how important the time we have together is.

He will be missed, but never forgotten.

:(

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
OMFGG!!

That's shocking news. Really sorry to hear / read about this Ed.

Sending you my heart felt sympathies bro, and hope that you can keep your spirits up in this messed up time.

Thinking of you.
:eek::(

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
I do not know you, and I did not know your friend, however no ones life should ever be taken. Im sorry for your loss. Know that the Lord will hold him in a loving embrace.

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
I'm sorry to hear your news, one of my good friends was murdered 4 years ago now. He had come home after his first year at uni only to be stabbed by a random group of lads outside a local shopping centre while he waited for his sister to pick him up. He left a lot of people who cared for him so much, but when it's a father being murdered, it's so damaging to the kids. I hope they can recover from this, I hope his ex isn't their mother because now they'll be left without parents.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Wow...I don't even know how I would react to something like that.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts are with you and the others he left behind.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Very sad news. Grief is a difficult process. Rely on those around you who can help and let us know if there is anything we can do.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
That's some tough news to handle. A few years back a work friend of mine (our families had picnic'd together and such) had his sister stabbed to death by her husband while their 8yo son was in the front yard playing. I had met her a couple of times and she was a pretty cool lady. It was really tough on everyone but especially the little guy. He lost both parents that day, as the father got life w/o parole. My friend got custody of his nephew and he's now a fairly well-adjusted 14yo.
As long as the kids have someone who will love them through all of this hurt, they can be fine.

My heart goes out to all involved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.