been gone for a while

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lindsayanng, Dec 31, 2008.

1. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

Hi there. I have been away from this forum for a long time.. ANYWAYS, i just updated my phone from 2.0 to 2.2!!!

I have a question though, is there something about the "new maps street view" feature where it does not work on non 3G phones??

I wanted to see what it looked like, so i went to the map, dropped a pin and tapped it, but the normal little pop up came up, no icon for street view..

Did i do something wrong?

Sorry if this has been asked, i read around, but what they said to do didnt work

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Street View is only available for certain locations.

3. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

OHHH i wonder if it is possible to upload pics of your street if there isnt one available! I would totally do that :)

Thanks for the clarification

I uploaded 2.2 without really reading what was included, i was SOOO hoping for some push capabilities.. I am SOO out of the loop, i just assumed it came out and i missed something and i would be VERY happy. Also waiting for video ..

Maybe i will eventaully buy a new 3G. Do you knwo if they give discounts to iphone owners who had theirs for 1 year? i cant remember if ATT has 1 year or 2 year contracts.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can't upload your own photos, they use their own special camera to take the photos. Apple offers the iPhone at a subsidized price if you recommit to a 2-year contract.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Welcome back. Checkout the 3G iPhones (refurbs) for $99 at att.com, but as you mentioned, they require a 2 year contract...

6. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i dont mind a contract, but if you already HAVE a contract, can you still get it for $99

7. italiano40 macrumors 65816

italiano40

you don't need a contract if you already have an iphone sim card just switch them that is what i did and welcome back and happy early new year

8. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

i MEANT if i already have a contract that does not run out until JUNE, can i still get that price???

9. jason72780 macrumors regular

Yes you can with a new contract. As long as you signed up with the 1st gen before the 3g came out, you are eligible for an upgrade.

10. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You sure can, because your v1 iPhone was not sold at a subsidized price; so whether you paid $399, $499, $599 or $175 from EB or CL, you still qualify for the subsidized 3G iPhone pricing, even the refurbs if they are still available...

11. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

THAT is freaking AWESOME!!!! mine has a big ol' crack in the upper left.. I had it on the roof of my car and closed the door and it fell of into a pile of rocks. Nice huh?

The crack doesnt bother me too much though, but the screen is driving me CRAZY. It flickers a lot when you plug it into anything. And overall, i would really like to have 3G now that its a little more capable.

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Return of the CAPS MONSTER!!

I kid. Good to have you back.

13. lindsayanng thread starter macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

hey.. are the $99 refurbs gone?? I just went on to check at ATT and they are $149 now!

14. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

That promo was only till the 31st of December, 2008.