Been naked since day 1

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Gix1k, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

With an exception of a back shield. I also use a black leather smart cover and I'm loving the nakedness...not a scratch on the screen and I'm enjoying the beauty..

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. HelveticaNeue macrumors 6502a

HelveticaNeue

Hope you knocked on wood when you posted that.

4. DELLsFan macrumors 6502a

DELLsFan

You're tempting fate. You just can't keep on going out in public naked like that and expect people not to notice! :cool:

5. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

I would rather have scratches than a clunky case. Neither of my iPads have a case and they a both fine. I have one scratch on my iPad 1 and that's it ( which was caused by my 3 year old)

6. xMClass macrumors 6502

You're not naked then. I have absolutely nothing on my iPad 2, no scratches, yet. All the cases I've tried (including the smart cover) just annoyed me so I'm leaving it bare.

7. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Well, no clunky case or screen cover. I handle this thing with kid gloves and I rarely let anyone hold it or even touch it to be honest.

8. Trojita macrumors member

Wouldn't that mean you aren't using your iPad naked?

9. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Meh, mine has been in the Apple case since day 1. I have used it outside the case for a few hours at a time but always end up putting the case back on. I love the landscape positioning with the original iPad Apple case. It's the perfect angle to me. I always fumble with it without a case on my lap and getting comfortable using it for extended use.

10. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

If you are using a smart cover you are not naked. You have a leather cover on your screen. Maybe if you were just using a screen film but a smart cover takes away the nakedness sorry.

11. palpatine macrumors 68040

A back shield? A leather smart cover? You are not naked. Is this an attempt at humor, or do you really not understand what the word means?

Anyhow, mine has been securely bound up since day 1. I try to handle it carefully, but it spends too much time working for me, and all it takes is a nasty zipper or something else in my backpack to ruin it. I prefer the peace of mind to the nudity.

12. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

^^^ Agreed.

Plus if you ever decide to sell it, help pay for iPad 3 ;), you will be much better off.

13. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Same here. It's like those people who put the Car bumper covers. They looks completely retarded. I feel the same about my electronics.

14. darkside flow macrumors 6502

Just using s smart cover and a screen protector but the back is bare until I get my velvet bag in the mail just for travel.

The smart cove keeps the screen immaculate anyways and it feels like part of the device.

15. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

As an iPad 1st gen owner, I was only really envious of the smart cover in iPad 2. The faster speed, smaller size doesn't phase me. That cover though. :D

16. epi117 macrumors 6502

I use the old ipad cover for my ipad 2. Cut a hole on backside for camera, i like its , its light, thin, and provides just enuff protection.

17. onesweetearl macrumors member

Same here. Naked all the way. Except for the screen protector. And the back shield. Oh, and the otter box that it's in. Also I use a big sleeve for carrying it around. But totally, keeping it naked is the only way to go.

18. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I always get carried away for a month or two, when I get a new iDevice. I bought a Cover Buddy, and used it for a week or two, before opting to use the Smart Cover on it's own, and have been doing so for a while, as you just can't beat the iPad 2's feel when nothing else gets in the way.
    As long as the screen is covered(Smart Cover), all is good. Scratches on the back are a minor thing, even if I don't have any yet.

It was the same story with all my iPhones, but in the 9 months that I've had my iPhone 4, the last 6 were with the device totally naked, as any case just took away the beautiful(visual & tactile) aesthetic. The glass has held up remarkably well too, with only the one hairline on the back.

19. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Op, remove the back shield and smart cover, then you'll be naked.

20. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Same here I just love free-balling.

21. Gix1k thread starter macrumors 68030

Gix1k