Been referred to hi-tech support! Any ideas?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jezzyb, Apr 18, 2009.

1. jezzyb macrumors newbie

Safari and Mail has been quiting, Logic Express keeps coming up with the error of not enough processing power. (Even when having just launched a new project and only put one loop on with NO processing! Even running a 7200rpm external harddrive!)

I've got 4g ram on a 2.2Ghz macbook with about 80g used on a 120g hardrive. I've recently done erase and fresh intstall on the software, then migrated data from Time Machine.

I've run disk utility, techtool deluxe and disk warrier. (No problems shown!) I've cleared internet caches, and just cleared disk space through disk utility.

And guess what, its has just quit on Safari again. So I've Rang Applecare and got to get hold of Hi-tech support on Monday.

Bit of a loss. In the meantime any ideas?:confused:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Wait until Monday?

3. msevild macrumors regular

You familiar with activity monitor? Do a spotlight(upper right corner magnifying glass) search for that program and when it opens choose the drop down near the upper right and have it show all processes. Then click on the CPU tab so that it sorts processing power in terms of % from highest to lowest. Is there anything that is eating up a lot of cpu usage when you get that error? Reply with the results. Thanks!!

4. jezzyb thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I could wait till Monday.......nice one BlueRevolution may have to do just that! :D

Thanks Msevild, yes I am aware of the activity monitor but had totally forgot about it as have had no need to use it. Useful little tool!

I have it on and with just mail and safari on approx 92% is idle. Launched Logic Express and it's dropped to 80%. I have just tried to play a couple of apple loops in it and it's stopped after 2-3 seconds saying 'system overload' whist displaying no spike in the activity monitor.

Looking at it it's got me even more miffed!