Been thinking about this lately

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ikermalli, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I've been reading a lot of "The Lounge" sections on different forums and I noticed there were a lot of threads about "How to ask a girl out" or "Relationship Question". I noticed in there people said, what should they do, and a lot of answers mentioned being a real jerk. Does anyone find it weird that it works? Maybe this has been asked but I find it weird that peoples answers to how to ask someone out is "Be a jerk" or be cocky, I also wondered about when do you cross the line from confident to cocky? Maybe I have too much time on my hands because school is off haha!

2. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I haven't found it to work... but then, maybe I'm not attracted to the kind of girls it does work on? *shrug*

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

From a female perspective, being a jerk is probably a lot of fun at first but you'll attract the wrong girl that way. If you want some whore who won't respect you, be a jerk. If you want someone you can bring home to mom and dad then be a decent human being.

In the end though, nice guys tend to finish last ... as do most nice girls.

4. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup I find it weird, I tested with it last year... it worked :) But I hated it, because I seemed like I was tooo cocky, so I stopped. This year, I'm just normal... that works too. Too bad no one in my grade is hot (that's single)

5. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

At least I'm in good company then, eh?

To the OP: I never take any of the relationship advice on this forum seriously - at least, most of it gets discarded. If I need advice about something like that, I ask someone I know and trust. Granted, I know many folks here don't have that luxury but that's where I'm coming from..

6. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup I got people to talk to also, I don't ask on forums. This was just stuck in my head haha. But also, if someone has no one to turn to but forums i think people should put thought into their posts instead of the jerk thing. Oh another question to ask. What makes people so scared of rejection? I know that if I asked someone out, im not afraid of rejection but in my school things spread like SARS

7. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

^^ The worst they can say is "no." - it's not that bad, really. I've been there.

But yeh there are some SAs in here..

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Look a little deeper and maybe you'll find someone. Hottness goes away ... trust me.

9. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry I should rephrase that, I mean, like... a lot of the girls in my grade are like... well... they don't have great personalities and are like... pimple mountains. Some of them, you could be as nice as possible to them and they'll be like ugh, get away from them, like, I was with a friend and I was talking to him, and some girls come, and they knew him from elementary school, and i was like hey, and they were like, wtf, who is he? Maybe because they all had to look up at me, waay up at me, they're just jealous! Haha, just joking (I'm 6'1 by the way). Oh and I do look deep, maybe it's just me but I can't stand many pimples... maybe because my family has really good skin, so i'm used to it. At the above post, I do look pretty deep, like my last gf wasn't like WOW, but she was good looking, and really nice... but ended up being a total spaz, like 24/7, after about 8 months.

10. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Honestly I've never been particularly afraid of rejection simply as rejection. So you won't get to go out with her. Oh well, not the end of the world. My problem has been that the girls I've gone out with tended to be ones whom I'd really hate to lose the friendship of, and so I've been nervous that asking them out would screw up the friendship if they don't feel the same way as I do.

11. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

12. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup, happened to me at the beginning of the school year, ended up not asking the girl out

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've never known it to work. Or it works in short bursts and then there's a big break up.

14. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

It works, but you normally don't attract the right person. It worked for 10 months for me :D Then the big breakup :(

15. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

well i remember my junior year, i asked a girl to prom and she didnt even tell me no. acted like it didnt happen lol

16. Saikou macrumors 6502

Saikou

Wow, that's harsh :confused:

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i know right lol. i even decorated her car and everything

owell, asked another girl and had a great time!

18. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just a bit *****y eh?
    Wow, you decorated her car and she said no? You probably wouldn't have enjoyed with her because she would have been a *****

19. chilipie macrumors 6502a

chilipie

…and then they have each other :)

20. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

LOL. I asked a girl out in HS once and she asked me if I was joking. oO

21. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

That's cold. At least she could have been polite..

22. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

CHAOS STEP

The only sensible advice I can impart to you is, as a great man once said "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."

23. No1451 macrumors 6502

Not always, I am still alone.

Dunno what the ladies here think but my friend always said that quiet confidence is sexy.

24. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

key word: confidence....everybody admires that

being quiet gets you no where though lol

25. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Sadly from experience it works...in high school, also with some adults but you'll be attracting girls with daddy issues/insecure women in general

The simple formula for woman is to just be a man, a good guy. Have your sh**t together and don't take rubbish from anyone. Thats all there is to it

I think he means the strong silent type