Been trying to jailbreak my iPhone for 6 hours now

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mustangfreak, May 3, 2009.

1. Mustangfreak macrumors newbie

Ok, I downloaded the following files today, http://quickpwn2-2-1.googlecode.com/files/QuickPwn-225-2.zip and http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...0081120.Aqw4R/iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw

I installed the first one and did not mess with the second download because my friend said he didn't need it for his jailbreak.

So I continue and do exactly what the program tells me to do, and nothing but the apple logo and the phone vibrating twice several times. I tried this 5 times over the course of 6 hours. I googled on how long it takes other people and saw that people were getting it done i n less then 30 minutes. What am I doing wrong?

Please help me out!

2. Mustangfreak thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I'm stumped. I stopped everything, and as I was typing up a this thread, I look down at the phone because it made the new email sound and the phone was back to normal. wtf. So I was flipping through the pages on the phone, and noticed that on the last page, that quickpwn and cydia and installer are on there. So I guess the phone is now jailbroke. But iTunes is showing that the phone is connected. Should it show up on iTunes like normal?

3. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Weird problems you had. Yes iTunes syncs the phone as normal.

4. Nintenmac macrumors newbie

Are you using one of the new unibody macbooks (pros) because for some reason it won't work (something to do with the usbs and the drivers). I have seen somewhere that if you use a usb hub then it will work.

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Restore it to factory first and then jailbreak it i had a similar problem.

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Confirmed.

I can't jailbreak for crap with my Unibody.

7. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze