Beer and my phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by _bnkr612, Jun 28, 2009.

1. _bnkr612 macrumors 6502a

_bnkr612

I was out at a bar last night and I set my iPhone on the table next to my very full glass of delicious Hacker-Pschorr. As some other friends came in to join us, one person pushed down on the table to slide into the booth and the whole table went with her. The beer came crashing down on my phone and literally submerged the phone in the glorious wheat flavored brew!

As I quickly grabbed the phone, I dried it off and blew fairly hard into the ports to make sure there wasn't any beer remaining. Nervously, I pushed the home button and presto! It came on as if nothing happened and has been working perfectly since.

I am going to guess Apple engineers are beer drinkers too...

JP

2. gwmac macrumors member

gwmac

3. veritech137 macrumors newbie

last new years I dropped my phone into a mug of Weihenstephaner. Alas, after turning her off and putting it into low heat into the oven ~100 degrees for an hour, she was just fine. Possibly the iPhone is engineered to survive submersion into fine German brews.

4. Stiss macrumors 6502a

My very first iPhone 3G - had 2 replacements since then - had a good glass of Vino Tinto.

Glass of red wine was spilt all over it and it lived!!

5. nws0291 macrumors 6502

Nice that your phone still works. Now you know not to ever leave you phone on the table with drinks because someone always spills.

Although your warranty is prob now void since the liquid sensors are tripped.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo