Beer.....No Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Paul FM, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Paul FM macrumors newbie

Hallo :)

A friend has recently spilt beer over the keyboard/trackpad of a MB Pro 15" Unibody, the machine is working OK except the trackpad will only allow the cursor to operate but not the click/select function, I've suggested replacing the trackpad and cleaning the inside.

Has anyone had a similar encounter?, a swift feedback is very welcome as deadlines for work are approaching..

Please drop me a PM, thanks!

P

2. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

The very quickest way would be to pick up a Magic Trackpad at a Best Buy or Apple store for $69, then worry about replacing the trackpad when time allowed, he is very luck that is all thats not working.

3. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Same thing happened to my friend's computer, only it was milk. Just bring it to the Apple store and get it fixed. I don't know if they will do it for free even if it's under warranty, but worth a shot. I would say hold onto buying the Magic Trackpad, yet. Too much money to be wasted unless he has other uses for it.

4. Paul FM thread starter macrumors newbie

I can do the repair, he uses the machine for Dj'ing, thanks for the tips peeps, much appreciated.

5. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

Abuse... of alcohol.

:D

Let us know how it works out!

6. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Or abuse of Mac? :p

Hope it works for ya OP