Beethoven's Lost Movement !

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BoxerBoy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. BoxerBoy macrumors member

An example of my problem is that when I put Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, which is in four parts, into my itunes library, the fourth part is detached from the other three, and placed separately at the bottom of the music list.

It appears the problem is caused by the name of a soloist, being added in the fourth movement only, to the name of the conductor in the Artist column.

Any ideas about how I can return this piece of music to it's rightful place ? I've tried to drag it to the right place, but it bounces back to the bottom of the list.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In order to make albums sort together properly in iTunes, you have to have matching information on all tracks in the following fields:
    Album
    Album Artist
    Sort Album
    Sort Album Artist​

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

In order to actually make the change, highlight the track and press Cmd + I. Select the "Info" tab and you can edit the metadata.

4. BoxerBoy thread starter macrumors member

Many thanks Miles, it's easy when you know how isn't it :)

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I may have improperly assumed that you knew how to edit the tags, but needed to know which tags to edit. To edit the tags for an album, select all tracks of that album before you Command-I to Get Info. Then you can enter the data in those 4 tags one time and it will match exactly for all tracks of the album.

6. Gregg2 macrumors 603

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

8. BoxerBoy thread starter macrumors member

I've only had the Mac a few days, so it's safe to say I know very little about them. Thanks for your help it has made the subject very clear.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Hopefully, this will help a bit:

10. BoxerBoy thread starter macrumors member

Many Thanks, that information will help a lot. I am quite amazed at the amount of easily accessible help for Mac owners. I should have got one years ago.