Beetle Power Battery Case for the iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JassonT, Jan 16, 2015.

1. JassonT, Jan 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015

JassonT macrumors newbie

iPhone 6 SUPCASE Beetle Power Case is a 3200mAh rugged battery case for the iPhone 6 that sells for f$69 on amazon. If you are looking for a rugged protective case that will more than double your iPhone 6 battery this is it. The Supcase Beetle Power Case strange name I know but a great case. The case will come with three different front bumpers in black, Blue, and orange. The Beetle power is apple MFI certified that means you will be able to charge and sync your iPhone wile in the case.
    Here is a You-Tube video : http://youtu.be/9VzjbVidFRw
    Here is a link to the Case on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&tag=igadgetgeekco-20&linkId=4DAS2VZVYCMFMFXZ
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Thanks for the larger pictures. I shot you a PM. I think I am going to go for this case. Even if I don't like it , Amazon's return policy is great. I have been a Mophie user but like this rugged design.

3. JassonT thread starter macrumors newbie

I to have used Mophie cases but I really like the rugged design of this case.

4. ihonda macrumors 68000

5. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Got mine today and I really like the feel. I haven't tried any other cases though so I can't say its better or worse. I have read the i-Blason is very slick and I wouldn't want that. After looking at them all on Amazon, its the one I think looks the best besides this one.

As for issues, I haven't put it in day to day use so I cannot know much yet. I will say its a bit tough to get the bumper on. Also my buttons are stiff right now. Maybe they loosen up. I head off on a fairly long trip next week so it will get put through its paces. I'll follow up if I find anything worth reporting.

6. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I may have found an issue that I do not like at all. I used the case to charge my phone and it did so very well. I depleted the case down to about 30% according to the indicator. I put it on the charger last night to recharge the case and keep the phone charged. I awoke this morning to find my phone was only at 90%. I am not sure if the case is charging to 100% and then blocking the phone from being charged or what the issue is. I read a review on Amazon where another person is seeing the same thing. Basically the case charges to 100% then disconnects from power. I want a trickle charge to continue so my phone is 100% when I wake. Are you seeing this as well?

7. JassonT thread starter macrumors newbie

I have charged my case a few times and it charges the iPhone first to 100% then the case. You may have a defective unit. Keep in mind that according to the manufacture it can take up to 4 hours to full charge the battery case.

8. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I ended up sending mine back. I would try to charge it every night and it would charge the phone to 100% then stop allowing it to charge. My phone would drain off some of the battery and I would end up with a phone charged to 97-98% every night. Something just wasn't right. Even so, I just ordered another one of these cases to give it a second chance. The Unu is the only other case I want to try but the Beetle is my favorite form. Hopefully this one will be better and not have these issues although I think its a design flaw as other reviewers on Amazon saw the same issue I did.

9. RickG macrumors regular

i got mine today- the build quality and belt clip are good- the case and rubber are really nice- i have to use it for a week or so to test how the battery actually works- i charged it today, installed it and then charged my phone back to 100%- no problem , i then turned the case off by holding the button, somehow after about an hour i noticed the case was charging the phone again even though I never held the button down? I will use it some more are report back- i wish it had a sturdy switch than the one button.

10. JHUFrank macrumors 6502a

JHUFrank

As a long time Mophie user, I do like the fresh design. If one you guys have the time, give us a review after you have used it for a month or so.

11. davidnyjets macrumors 6502

davidnyjets

12. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Got my second case after returning the first for the overnight charging issues. I will be checking it out over the next few nights making sure it does not shut off the charging and allow my iPhone to drain. The case I got this time seems to have better buttons. They are easier to press and more tactile. I will be updating my Amazon review after I test this one but here are a few things I like:

-Never a big fan of the clip on bumper type design. I always preferred the slide type case like the Mophie. The Beetle is different though. The bumper portion is very sung on the phone and is a TPU type material. It makes this case feel rock solid.

-I weighed the case. It weighs 3.9 ounces. I checked the Mophie website and they list the Juice Pack Plus at 3.9 ounces. This tells me the Beetle should have right at the same battery capacity. They are both listed at 3200mah I believe so that should be the same and not a stretch or fabrication from Supcase.

-Some may not realize this but iBlason and Supcase are one and the same. My package was delivered from iBlason Amazon store and I got a couple of follow up emails from iBlason concerning my original purchase. I saw the iBlason case on a friends phone and I much prefer this one due to it being more rugged and it feels better in the hand. This is all personal preference though.

That's all I got for now.

13. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Ok, my second case is on its way back to Amazon. I awoke this morning to the "accessory not supported" message and the case had shut down the charger and the phone had not even charged to 100%. There is a design flaw with this case.