Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bsmsam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
Hi,

I'm not really sure where to put this question, so I'm sorry if this isn't the correct forum.

I was given a BeeWi Mini Cooper remote control car, but it only works with Android or Windows phones. My iPhone recognizes the car, but when I try to pair my phone, it says that the device is unsupported. Does anyone know if there is a way to get my iPhone to pair with the car?

Thanks

ColdCase

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
NH
Dunno off hand, but there is something in the BlueTooth stack that Apple did not implement that causes devices like ODB scanners to not pair. I've heard that you can pair with a jail broken iPhone, however. You should be able to pair the device with a Mac, just not an iOS device. But again, don't know if that is the case for the cars.

That being said, BeeWi has been making apps for the iPhone to control their models for some time. Dunno why the mini cooper would be an exception. You may have to check into BeeWi support.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.