Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoodWatch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Before:

Before.jpg

After:

IMG_3800.jpg

Nice, huh? :D

GoodWatch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Clean before, clean after...nice.

Also, I like that Wizard of Oz style curtain under the desk to hide the wiring...

Behind the curtain is a wall mounted plank (but from the same wood), on which are the powered bass unit, a 500 GB external harddrive (for the pending Leopard) and some power adapters. Nothing on the floor. I hate wires :eek: :rolleyes:

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Behind the curtain is a wall mounted plank (but from the same wood), on which are the powered bass unit, a 500 GB external harddrive (for the pending Leopard) and some power adapters. Nothing on the floor. I hate wires :eek: :rolleyes:

YOU ARE AMAZING!

I would invite you over my house in North America for lunch, if you didn't live all the way in Europe. :)

iMacFan78

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2006
MS
You, sir, have keen eyes! :D I'm still in doubt. That MX will stick out like a sore thumb. I could paint it silver though.... :rolleyes:
I have the MX with a white iMac. It does indeed stick out like a sore thumb, but it beats the Mighty Mouse any day.

GoodWatch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Some other refinements

Sorry for the grainy/fuzzy pictures. But I've added two 'extras', the first was visible on the main picture.

Mains socket. Very handy for plugging-in adapters, right there on the desk:

IMG_3807.jpg

Four port powered USB hub. Very handy for plugging-in my iPod and things like a memory card reader:

IMG_3806.jpg

Aug 6, 2007
Four port powered USB hub. Very handy for plugging-in my iPod and things like a memory card reader:

That's a stroke of genius.

I'm going to attach a USB hub to my desk now!!

Love how clean your setup is, by the way. Kudos on that.

GoodWatch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
That's a stroke of genius.

I'm going to attach a USB hub to my desk now!!

Love how clean your setup is, by the way. Kudos on that.

I used heavy duty double sided sticky tape for the hub and a self adhesive plastic cable guide to do away with the cables. I't a SiteCom hub, about 12 Euros. I put it on the same side of the desk as the mains socket. Reason: Extra external hard drive. Plugs-in in seconds, so fiddling around at the back of my iMac. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.