Before buying a Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alexeilg, Jul 13, 2007.

1. alexeilg macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking seriously in getting a Mac and finally change the other OS that I have, but before I've got some questions regarding the computer.

I use a lot the computer for downloading/uploading music, sometimes I get programs through the net and so on, will I need an anti-virus?I know Apple is virus-free but downloading so many things and stuff do I have a chance to infect it? Been recently to an Apple store and they showed me an anti-virus....:confused: i suppose it's regarding the windows option...

Another thing is the fact that the Macbook doesn't have a very high graffic...(64MB) does this really affect the computer in any aspect?appart from playing to videogames...

I've heard they gonna replace once again the Macbooks by a range of new ones with a possible change of the graffic...and something else...is that possible? Knowing that they're kinda new,just a couple of months since the latest renew...

Thank You!:apple:

2. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Hearsay is that the next Macbook revision will include the newer chip sets (Santa Rosa), an LED Backlit screen and the introduction of the GMA x3100 GFX chip but regarding when this will be released your guess is as good as mine

3. rhagen macrumors regular

Apple is not 100% secure to viruses. However, they are a lot better then windows xp. Just don't download from fishy sites.

The graphics card works fine for me with everyday applications.

If you are going to play the waiting game why not wait till 2015 for the macbooks out then. If you need a computer buy it now, if you don't need it now then wait till you need one. That simple.

4. AaronM58 macrumors member

AaronM58

Don't you mean g-r-a-p-h-i-c ?? :p

5. thesdx macrumors 6502a

You don't really need anti-virus. Macs can get viruses, but that's an extreme rarity, and most Mac viruses don't do very much. As for the MB updates, there's no need to wait unless you really think you need a more beefy graphics card. However, the new ones may feature a multi-touch trackpad using the same technology as the iPhone.