before buying a used iphone...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mindyish, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mindyish macrumors member

Now that the 4s is upon us and folks are selling their iphone 4's to help fund their upgrade to the 4s, the deals are even better. I am still on 3gs and its high time I get to the 4! I am cool with staying a model behind on the iphone since I am waiting on the ipad 3.
    My question is, when looking to buy a used iphone 4 on ebay and (shudder), craigslist, I have been asking people the big questions I think I need to know such as, what firmware their device is currently running and if its ever been jailbroken and do they have their shsh blobs saved through cydia, when they have no clue i try and explain and ask for a screen shot of their cydia home page to see for myself. Ebay has some good deals suddenly with sellers stating they will ship oct 14th, lol, obviously needing to sell to fund their upgrade. Cool.

So as long as they have at least 4.3.3 blobs saved am I good to jailbreak and unlock or is there something else I am missing? I am only familiar with jailbreaking 3gs and under so I am not sure if there is anything else I need to know about a device to ensure I can jailbreak it after they restore before I purchase.

Any tips or suggestions on what else should be asked before purchase to be sure I can use for tmobile?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah right now is a good time to get good deals on ip4. 4.3.3 is untethered JB so naturally u want to stay there until they come out with iOS 5 JB.