Before I buy my subscription, I have a few questions.

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by iTabone, Apr 16, 2009.

1. iTabone macrumors regular

1- If I choose myname@me.com as an email, does it appear like that when hosting a site?

2- If I buy a domain name and I host with MobileMe, will my domain name show up instead of my MobileMe name?

2. macgrl macrumors 65816

I am unsure about question one. As in what do you mean, sorry to sound dumb but what does your email have to do with hosting a site. :):)

Question 2 the answer is yes definitely if you change the settings and that is not hard so yes.:)

3. iTabone thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry for being vague. Let's say if I sign up with the name "iTabone". That would be my email and in my domain name, correct?

And thanks for answering!

4. macgrl macrumors 65816

No problem at all, ask all the questions you want:)

Yes, if you use iTabone as your main account name and thus your email address then this will be your email and you assigned iweb web address, this is not to say that you cannot have alias email address and also you can use your own personally owned domain.

If you own your own domain you can also use this as an email through various providers.

What I would do is to set up you mobileme using your really name. If you need any more advice please ask:)

5. heidismiles macrumors newbie

When you publish a site from iWeb to MobileMe, the URL looks like this: http://web.me.com/YourMemberName/SiteName/

The "YourMemberName" part is the account name you choose when you sign up.
    Note that your MobileMe account also comes with 4 (or is it 5?) e-mail aliases. So your main e-mail will be YourAccountName@me.com, but you can also create a few other @me.com e-mail addresses.

If you have a domain name and set it up with iWeb, the domain will point to http://web.me.com/YourMemberName. So instead of the long URL, you'll have www.yourwebsite.com/SiteName. The "SiteName" part won't go away unless you do some tinkering.

6. aicul macrumors 6502a

just for clarity sake

You can set your own domain name to your mobileme account (ie. www.mydomain.com instead of me.com).

But you CANNOT set a email linked to your domain name (ie. myname@mydomain.com).

Be careful of the options that allow you to bypass the email name constraint (ie. autoforwards, signatures, etc.) because these WILL NOT apply to the www.me.com web-based email client.