Before I buy - Rev. B with SSD or HDD?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by NYU02, Apr 27, 2009.

  1. NYU02 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2007
    #1
    After debating for a long time I think I'm going to get a Rev. B instead of the A.

    I'm going to purchase on Amazon since most people are getting MBA's without the line issue.

    The questions I have now are:

    1) is the SSD worth the money?
    2) Should I wait longer for a rev. C?

    Thanks,
    NYU02
     
  2. NYU02 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2007
    #2
    Or - I just thought of this..haha

    Rev A and iMac? = same price as Rev B ssd?
     
  3. duky macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2007
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #3
    As much as I hate the Rev A and would not recommend it to anyone generally I think in this case it would be smarter financially for you to get both the iMac and the Rev A Air. Granted you didn't need to do any intense work on the go or anything the Rev A would be fine for casual browsing while the heavier stuff could be done at home on the iMac.
     
  4. svndmvn Guest

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Location:
    Italy
    #4
    What computer are you using right now? I'd consider an iMac a more important acquisition than a MBA. Either way, rev B is way better than rev A, same goes for the SSD. If I was short on money and I needed two computer, I'd deal with the extra weight and get an aluminum Macbook, throw an SSD in there, a 256GB one or a fast HD. And buy an external Display. If the Macbook still weighs too much, I'd take the superdrive out.
    EDIT: Actually there are people using the MBA as their main system, if you can manage, buy an SSD revB, and a display when you can.
     
  5. mrrippey macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2009
    #5
    .....and since you was looking at a Rev A which goes for about $1000 you should at least get a 1.6/120 which from apple is $1500 (on eBay a little less) and if that is too much, get a Macbook for about $1200 or so. $2000 for a 1.86/128 SSD is great but that is alot of money (I know more than I am willing to spend right now, my budget is about $1300
     
  6. svndmvn Guest

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Location:
    Italy
    #6
  7. sriggles macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2008
    #7
    SSD is amazing but in my opinion not worth the additional cost at this time. If you really want the extra speed go with the refurb as others have pointed out.
     
  8. NYU02 thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2007
    #8
    the reason I'm not buying a referb is that I'm worried about the lines issue.
     
  9. aaquib macrumors 65816

    aaquib

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    Location:
    Toronto, Canada
    #9
    I'd say the refurb Rev B has less of a chance of the line issue than a brand new model. Think about it, many people returned their Rev B because of the line issue, meaning Apple fixed and are now reselling them.
     
  10. mrrippey macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2009
    #10
    Lines should not be an issue. If it has lines you can replace it since it will have applecare.
     

Share This Page