before i buy the uMB 2.4....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by evelasco, May 27, 2009.

1. evelasco macrumors newbie

im still confused at all these threads that saw wwdc...im new to following apple products so i dont really know what this means...i can understand from context that it has to do with what updates are going to be released...however i have seen posts about upgrades to the current uMB 2.4...what updates will this include? will there be a drop/rise in price? when will these updates happen? if its less then a month ill wait if its worth it

2. sholt91 macrumors newbie

WWDC is just a developer conference. Apple has released no hints that they may update the MB's(other than quietly bumping the whitebook to be more powerful than the 2.0 at $300 less.)

WWDC just seems like it would be a good time to release an update IF they are planning on doing so. It's less than two weeks away, so you might as well wait. I'll be waiting myself.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'd say you won't see much of anything MB wise, but say you do ... I'm sure you can wait 2 weeks.

4. indiecraig macrumors member

The short answer is "nobody knows". But you can check the buyers guide to get an idea of when something will be updated. Currently the Macbook and Macbook Pro are past their average update period, so it's worth waiting for an update if you can. The update will more than likely be minor, considering the huge overhaul the laptops got last time.