Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stage5, Dec 22, 2013.
I think this is quite important and deserves it's own thread.
Think I'll wait a day or two now
Someone should translate that to "us normal folks" who have no idea what all that means....
What I get from that is maybe I should wait before JBing...?
Yes, that is pretty much the message.
Leaving saurik out of the equation does not bode well.
basically, nothing in cydia is ios 7 compatible. Still jailbreak both of my devices cause I know it'll get updated soon lol
the whole point of jailbreaking is so that you can use cydia
Cydia isn't updated completely for iOS 7, therefore I would wait until they push another release with an official iOS 7 ready Cydia
Oops! Too late! lol
Oh well, I'm sure it will get fixed shortly.
Can i just update to iOS 7.0.4 so that i can at least jailbreak when things stabilize ?
I am on iOS 5.1.1 currently.
I missed updating to iOS 6.x and dont want to miss 7 now.
go ahead. And I'm sure the update will be pushed out through cydia itself too.
Saurik pushed a Cydia update a little while ago
i thought that was just for the apt stuff? Wouldn't he tell us on twitter?
yea it was.. but Cydia works fine on ios7 iPhone 5s, the bigger problem is waiting for all the apps to be updated by individual developers.
That will take time, this time around there was not even a fully functioning tether available for the ip4 for dev's to test there tweaks on iOS 7.
So all the stuff has to be re-written and tested on this release.
Yes, I'd first update all my idevices to the latest 7.0.4 and then when things get stable JB a few days later.
Packages might take a while to be updated but I hope the bitesms team gets on it quick like they usually are.
Guess it's time for me to get my replacement from Apple before 7.1 comes out!
I have iphone 5 on 6.1.4 should i wait or upgrade to 7
To many rumors I'd wait to jailbreak
yeah, wait. the evad3rs team messed up this jailbreak. the whole china app store thing, and them doing it for money and everything. wait.
The Chinese characters that make up the 'app store/steal your information' app translate in English to, Bend Over.
Lol I was thinking the same
So should I jailbreak my 5S or wait a few days ?
No people with Gold iPhone should avoid jailbreaking as it bricks their phones. Works fine on silver and space grey phones though.
There is absolutely no reason to jailbreak now unless you are a big fan of risk.
I'm on 6.1.2 JB and I was excited when I saw the JB was released. however I think I'll wait a week or so until it calms down a bit and some bug fixes are resolved.
I only have a few tweaks
and since it seems that these don't work right now anyway...I have nothing to gain by doing it right this second.
I don't think it needs its own thread. JB was released Cydia for iOS 7.x isn't ready yet. Thats it end of story.
Sorry but while I understand Saurik's concern, Cydia has been running flawlessly for me on my end.
Any "update", will be distributable through either hooking up your iPhone to a computer and updating it with evasion, or through Cydia.
no need to fret.