Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stage5

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2013
0qL3r0L.png

I think this is quite important and deserves it's own thread.

jjusmo

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2013
Someone should translate that to "us normal folks" who have no idea what all that means....

What I get from that is maybe I should wait before JBing...?

stage5

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2013
Someone should translate that to "us normal folks" who have no idea what all that means....

Yes, that is pretty much the message.
Leaving saurik out of the equation does not bode well.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon

basically, nothing in cydia is ios 7 compatible. Still jailbreak both of my devices cause I know it'll get updated soon lol

Major General

macrumors member
May 26, 2012
the whole point of jailbreaking is so that you can use cydia

Cydia isn't updated completely for iOS 7, therefore I would wait until they push another release with an official iOS 7 ready Cydia

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Can i just update to iOS 7.0.4 so that i can at least jailbreak when things stabilize ?
I am on iOS 5.1.1 currently.
I missed updating to iOS 6.x and dont want to miss 7 now.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
Can i just update to iOS 7.0.4 so that i can at least jailbreak when things stabilize ?

go ahead. And I'm sure the update will be pushed out through cydia itself too.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
That will take time, this time around there was not even a fully functioning tether available for the ip4 for dev's to test there tweaks on iOS 7.

So all the stuff has to be re-written and tested on this release.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Yes, I'd first update all my idevices to the latest 7.0.4 and then when things get stable JB a few days later.
Packages might take a while to be updated but I hope the bitesms team gets on it quick like they usually are.

fark

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2013
The Chinese characters that make up the 'app store/steal your information' app translate in English to, Bend Over.

twisted-pixel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2009
San Jose, CA
I'm on 6.1.2 JB and I was excited when I saw the JB was released. however I think I'll wait a week or so until it calms down a bit and some bug fixes are resolved.

I only have a few tweaks

BiteSMS
LockInfo
SBSettings
FiveIconDock
MyWi

and since it seems that these don't work right now anyway...I have nothing to gain by doing it right this second.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
I don't think it needs its own thread. JB was released Cydia for iOS 7.x isn't ready yet. Thats it end of story.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Sorry but while I understand Saurik's concern, Cydia has been running flawlessly for me on my end.

Any "update", will be distributable through either hooking up your iPhone to a computer and updating it with evasion, or through Cydia.

no need to fret.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.