Before, or After Leopard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by blackoutspy, Jul 30, 2007.

1. blackoutspy macrumors newbie

My younger brother is heading off to college this year, and I'd like to buy him a MacBook Pro. I'm mainly trying to figure out weather I should wait until leopard comes out to buy the laptop. I've looked at the buyers guide and it looks like there's still 2-3 months left in the product cycle. I've also read alot about waiting for leopard specifically but the OS is not my main concern. Last time i purchased a laptop it was right before they went to intel so this time i'm doing a little more research to make sure i don't make that mistake again.

Basically what i'd like to know is weather you all think the release of leopard will bring about another hardware update. That is, should i wait and see, or just buy now, as the buying guide says to.

2. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

buy the laptop now. The current generation is less than 2 months old and frankly, I dont expect another macbook pro update until next macworld in january. Leopard may bring about a product update for other computers, like the mac pro and what not, but now is an excellent time to go macbook pro.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Agree with this^^^ (except for the next update, I think it will be late October-mid November).

And, to add to it, it would be a good time to get your brother a mbp so that he can get a free iPod Nano with it and a free printer. Not bad when you think about it.

4. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Get it now, if you wait until later, you will get 10.5.0, which is bound to have some glitches/bugs/problems. It would be better to get the Macbook Pro now, and then your brother can upgrade it when a later update comes.
    BTW, sweet present for your brother :cool:

5. moez macrumors regular

Get the MBP now coz with the iPod deal running now, the leopard would be virtually free for now. MBP was recently upgraded so there isnt any major update likely.

P.S: y cant i have a brother like tht :rolleyes:

6. blackoutspy thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome. Thanks to everyone for the replies you've given me just the answers i was looking for.:D