before yosmite update, was prompted for keychain password

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sossity, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I got this box with a keychain password prompt, I just hit cancel and it let me proceed with the update. It sort of surprised and made me afraid I was going to get locked out.

I bought my late 2013 retina macbook pro 15 from ebay, but I reformatted and reinstalled Yosemite on it, so i started from scratch with it.

what is the keychain password prompt? do I need it?

I really don't like all these passwords, in the end, the only person they will seem to protect from is me the user, or I end up locking myself out of my machine, I prefer as few passwords as possible, I don't keep sensitive documents on a portable computer such as my laptop.

2. asriznet macrumors regular

see if the following article matches the issue you're having - http://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT203897

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you for this, I went in and deleted the folder, but while I was in the folder location in go, I noticed there was a single file with a long string number name like the folder, and something called bitrubb or something like this there as well.

so far I only deleted the folder just as per instructions in the apple link.