Before you make another "What Laptop Sleeve to get" look HERE

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikes70mustang, Aug 7, 2009.

1. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I dont use a sleeve. I have a hard case. But instead i saw THIS PAGE and saw that it had most of the sleeves/cases that people recommended. So take a gander at this before posting a new sleeve thread every day.

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Well that is great there are a couple of initial thoughts.

1. There is no ratings or what not, just a couple sentences at most about the product. Any of the threads on here about most sleeves have mixed thoughts about the product.

2. They are for a lot of products, most people specify the product.

Side-bar: Did you just not make another thread?

3. MrPeanut macrumors regular

I dont see how this answers the question you're trying to answer. All this does is list sleeves for the macbook, it doesnt say which one to get.

4. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

People are looking for different styles, and on and on. Sorry if i didnt hand feed you ratings, sizes, specs. This is just to show what is out there.

5. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

A magic thing happens when you go to the site, they have reviews. And if a bag searcher wants to know more, google about the bag and read threads on here that already exist.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I clicked on two links, both of them led to the buy it from the manufacturer page. Both were items that had a single sentence. I'm lost how this is more useful then typing in laptop sleeve on Google Images or doing the more logical thing before you post a new thread, which would be search through the countless threads on this forum.

Side-bar: Multi-quote Button

7. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

The problem is that most people dont use google. They just ask and dont look.
    God forbid anyone does research themselves.

8. analytical44 macrumors regular

Which hard case do you use? I am looking for something compact enough to fit in a bag but I don't want a snap on hard shell (i.e. Speck SeeThru or Incase Hardshell); I'm looking for something that is hard, opens up, and has like a thick foam interior, cut to the size of the MBP. Does anyone know of a product like this? Something like this but that fits the 13" MBP:

http://www.axio-usa.com/hardsleeve13.html

Thanks for any suggestions

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Same place where I got a few good wallpapers. Wow. :D

10. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I have an incase hardshell. Mine is on a classic MBP. Idk about the new mbps. But ive had mine almost a year, it still works great. No scratches, no cracks, no problem:cool:

11. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

As controversial as this thread has started out, I liked the link OP. Saw some sleeves there I never knew existed, thanks.

12. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

I just thought some were pretty cool. Idk, i guess its a bad thing to show the broad range products. The built back pack thing is pretty neat. Fit it under a coat or jacket for like motorcycle riders. Its ugly, but still, nifty. The page basically has all the sleeves that are recommended.

13. analytical44 macrumors regular

Yea I was digging the backpack. Sucks they only have it for the 15" and 17" though.

14. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Just put the anal in analytical and put it in a hardcase or slipcase before putting it in that. Im sure if you had it in some sort of case before you put it in, it would fit in a 15"

15. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

this is a really cool list but theres no positives or negatives to the bags.... REALLY cool bags on there though

16. analytical44 macrumors regular

Lol I actually thought about that but wanted to avoid using the Speck or Incase cases, dont want the added weight. Might havta go down if I cant find anything else though

17. mikes70mustang thread starter macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

well i have a 15" in a 17" bag, im sure it woulnt hurt to have it in a 15" bag.