Beginner to Final Cut Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by chocolate632, Mar 5, 2009.

1. chocolate632 macrumors 6502

Hi, I have to do a project on Macbeth, and for this I have to do a video. We have Final Cut Pro at school, and I know the very basics of it, but I need some help! These are my questions:

1. Does anyone know any good tutorial websites for Final Cut Pro?

2. I wanted some sound effects for the video (I need a blade sound, lightening, rain, and maybe some good background music). Does anyone know a good website?

3. For the credits, I wanted to have like a two second video of each actor and then it would zoom out to like half screen and show their name beside the video. Does anyone know how to do this effect?

Thats all I can remember right now but I will add more if i remember.

Thanks

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

#1 lynnda.com but it will cost you $25 for a 30 day subscription. But worth it really.
    #2 Do you know anyonw with a music keyboard. Most of them have a way to play sound effects on the keys. Failing that Googe "free sound efects" there are many web sites
    #3 best to do as much as yo can in-camera but you will have to composite titles over the image. Go through the tutorial

All that said what you really should be asking and studying is film making, how to tell a story with moving images. FCP is just a tool, like a paint brush. If you have limited time use iMovie and spend the time saved drawing storyboards on 4x5 index cards with a pencil. Draw out every camera setup and shot on a card, use stick figures if you can't draw

3. Chris7 macrumors 6502

A second for lynda.com. After watching those videos, you may want to supplement with the Apple Pro Training Series books for FCP level 1 and 2 (which I'm still doing), although you may not find the books necessary. The Larry Jordan videos (lynda.com) tell you stuff you need to know that I have not found in the books.

I do not recommend the MacProVideo.com tutorials for FCP. I have the three for FCP and they are not in the same league as the lynda.com videos.

4. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

1.www.youtube.com Search for Final Cut Pro tutorials, they're free.
    2.Google it

5. xStep macrumors 68000

2. GarageBand and Sound Track Pro have sound effects.

3. These two links may help you figure that out; link 1, link 2. The LA Final Cut Pro Users Group has many tutorials and some may be helpful to this task. Creative Cow has tutorials too.

6. Octorox macrumors newbie

The effect you want you could do with keyframe animation and simple resizing of the windows. You'll have to get a tutorial on how to work with keyframes though.

soundtrack pro and garageband are likely to be on the computer and have sound effects

youtube generally has some good tutorials.