beginner with iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jlon07, Nov 21, 2011.

1. jlon07 macrumors newbie

hi i am confused i dont know how to connect my facebook to my iphone (3g) i have the facebook application but i can't upload pictures from my phone to facebook.my phone is already jailbreak and i have the cydia but i dont know how to use it and i also dont want to give out my credit card info.please help me.:(

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

Open Facebook on the iPhone, log in, Press the three lines i the top left corner. Choose "Photos" under "Applications". Choose an album or make a new one by tapping the "+" in the top. Then add photos by tapping the "+"-button.

3. Csonka39 macrumors newbie

Apps. .

I am new to the iPhone having bought my friends 3gs after he upgraded.
    I realised I had Apps running in the background and so pressed the home button twice and then saw all the apps running along the bottom of the screen, I held one and a little red circle appeared on each app I pressed this on each app and they closed down, good stuff, however if I do this same process now I still have the music icon appear at the bottom of the screen with a play button, rew & ff buttons and a box with a circular arrow inside, when I press this icon (the box with the circular arrow) it gives the message 'portrait orientation locked' or press again 'unlocked'. I cannot seem to close this by holding the music icon as I did the others. Is this normal, should it be there at all times or is there a way of disbling it?

I have no music on my phone and if I go to settings/music everything is in the 'off' position, so why do I still have this app seemingly going on in the background or am I mistaken?

Many Thanks

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

That's absolutely normal. Double clicking the home button brings up the multi-tasking tray, and swiping to the right will bring up controls for the music app. Yes, it shows the music app icon, but that's only to indicate that if you were to press play that it would begin playing content from the music app - the app itself is not running unless it shows up amongst other app icons in the multi-tasking tray. The other icon (the circular arrow) is to disable the accelerometer in any apps that it is supported - for example, in Safari if you move your phone on its' side the screen will change to fill the screen lengthways. Clicking that icon will keep the screen in whatever orientation you place it into.

5. jlon07 thread starter macrumors newbie

please help

hi ivan p,
    i just bought iphone 3g 8gb im just a begginer.i already jailbreak it but the problem is i dont understand what's the use of cydia and safari i thought its for me to have an access in downloading applications for free?can you help me understand it? i used to have samsung which is an android phone i thought its just the same but im having a hard time havin an account with cydia..please help me.:(

6. Csonka39 macrumors newbie

IvanP: Thank you for your reply. Most helpful. :)

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

You download apps through the App Store, which is already installed on your device and is nothing to do with Cydia. If you want to get legitimate apps for free, and that's why you jailbroke your device, that is illegal and we can't discuss that here.

8. Csonka39 macrumors newbie

Battery life

Ok so next question, I have no Apps running in the background, having turned them all off. I have gone therough the settings and turned off most things, mail, wifi, push, etc etc. you get the idea... however I charged the phone up last night went to bed and obviously left the phone switched on for the alarm to wake me up for work (i quickly discovered with the iphone, unlike other mobiles you need to do this or the alarm does not go off) and the battery was down to 86% from 100% in just 6 hours. A 14% drop off with no real use.
    Is this normal or should I be worried, if the battery is on its way out can it be replaced as I see no way to open the iphone up as with other mobiles and is it expensive to replace, if it can be done?

Thanks for your replies. :D

9. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

No it will not. Its another Apple shortsighted "feature". It is limited to the protrait orientation only. It seems like a half baked idea.

Apple could have easily made it lock in either landscap or portrait. But as always we don't get a choice. Apple in all their wisdom decided that iPhone user are too stupid to handle making a decision.

Thats the reason so many iPhone users are afraid of Android, it's offers choices.

10. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

And you are getting this from? Your own imagination?