Beginner with WordPress

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Illmetaphor, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Illmetaphor macrumors member

I figure Web Design would be a great skill to have and why not make a little money while doing it. I am pretty much clueless with Web Design at this point so any advice if needed.

I want to make a Video Blogging website where people can comment on the videos I post. Is it legal to use videos posted on youtube if you credit them???

Can I stream videos that are better quality than youtube on the website???

I want to register a domain like www.grubhard.com....where is the best and cheapest place to do this

How do you set up the Ads on your website to make money???

Also a step by step about setting up the website would be great....

I know some video editing but the WEB is a different deal. I haven't made a website in awhile. Thank you for your time.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Start with the stickies in the forum and work from there. There's thousands of tutorials out on the web and very easy to find. There's also tons of aspects to web design so it's hard to address your questions too directly. After reading up more on web design and development you'll start to get a feel for the different aspects and you'll be able to ask more focused questions that'll be easier for others to answer.

As far as ads on your site, there's a few options like Google adsense, but realize it takes a lot of visitors and clicks for it to add up to anything. Most people don't even make enough to pay for their hosting from ad revenue.

3. Illmetaphor thread starter macrumors member

Where would be the best option to host a domain??

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Again, a forum search will reveal many different options for domain hosting. Since you want to stream video, make sure to get a service with "unlimited" bandwidth.