Beginners website building software

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by tammyinkansas, Mar 9, 2010.

1. tammyinkansas macrumors member

tammyinkansas

What is a good beginners software for building a website? I mean a very simple one please. Thanks!

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Probably iWeb.

3. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Yeah iWeb. Then move on to RapidWeaver (google it).

4. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

...which is available on the cheap for the rest of today at MacHeist!

5. jo0 macrumors regular

6. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

My recommendation would depend on your end goal. Do you care about learning about how web pages really work, or do you just want a web site?

7. 7031 macrumors 6502

I agree with AngelWatt. I use DreamWeaver myself, and I feel it is very flexible since both the code and design views are very well designed. For example, I can easily modify pages on my site and FTP them back to the server, but of course, for more novice users there is also a simple and easy to use design view.

Of course, if you're not planning on eventually moving onto the technical sides of it, you're probably best off using iWeb or RapidWeaver.

8. Hmac macrumors 68020

iWeb for sure. Drag and drop, one-click publishing to mobilme or your own domain/host.

9. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

You'll probably outgrow iWeb pretty quickly, unless your needs are fairly simple. iWeb is a good starting point though and nothing wrong with it. RapidWeaver is the next logical step in terms of ease of use, flexibility and a very 'Mac' like operation and feel. It's just about ideal for a semi-pro who's not looking to hand code sites or do any indepth programming. Highly recommended!

10. asuqb1 macrumors newbie

Freeway 5 Express is another way to step up. I have just started using it and the tech support for questions about operational functions has been fairly quick... I have been impressed and my skill level is definitely NOVICE.