Beginning of day battery weirdness?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by watchwatcher, May 1, 2015.

1. watchwatcher macrumors newbie

Apologies if this has already been discussed.
    Wondering if anyone else has noticed an odd start to the day in terms of battery level. Two days so far I've taken my watch off the charger, looked at my wrist a minute or two later and had a battery level of 96% one day and 98% another day. As the day has gone on so far it doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with how long the watch lasts relative to my expectations (for me it's been about 5-6% an hour on average). The battery does seem to be capable of doing a full charge having started at 100% on a few other days.

I've overall been pleasantly surprised in the ability to wear and use all day, but obviously every percent counts. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if they've found a reason for it? Chance of it be doing some kind of background operation with the phone as soon as its woken up?

2. Glene macrumors 6502

mine seems to go from 100% when I get out of bed to 98% within about 15 minutes… Then the rest the day is fine…

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Keep in mind that this is manly a reading/reporting error. Lithium-ion's don't have true 100% full or 0% empty measurements. They are more like a ballon than a can. Apple will probably correct this so it says 100% in 1.1. This has happened in the past on iOS too.