Beginning of July for UK launch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by enigmatic2, Jun 7, 2008.

1. enigmatic2 macrumors member

I have no idea if this is news, but I just spoke to the manager of an O2 shop in Belfast regarding the new iPhone, and he told me that it would be on sale from the beginning of July. Said he had no idea of specs beyond the general speculation we all know about, but that the monthly O2 tariffs would remain the same. Also said he'd be going over to some sort of UK-wide O2 meeting regarding the launch strategy in the next week or two.

Bit disappointing if this is true (and I have no reason to think it isn't) but I guess less than a month isn't too long to wait...

2. danielforman macrumors regular

Beginning of July is not that long to wait to be honest. Better than when iPhone 1 was announced for the UK, That was hell having to wait so long.

Again this should be taken likely. We can't be certain that this is true and would the big bosses at O2 even tell the shop managers when the launch would be?

I suspect that until Apple have had their keynote on Monday only a select few at each carrier will know the specifics about the 3G iPhone. Apple will want to keep this as hush hush as possible and the more people that know the more likely it is that someone will leak it.

The only thing I would expect O2 to tell shop managers is that something big is coming around the beginning of July and not specifically the iPhone. Might seem pretty obvious what it is but I doubt they would be told outright. But that is just my opinion.

3. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

What belfast store was it? Cornmarket? Cos the guys that work in the Castlecourt one are total assbags.

4. enigmatic2 thread starter macrumors member

Indeed they are. Good use of "assbags", btw. No this was the latest store in Victoria Square - the guy seemed on the level, although as I said before there were plenty of details that he was still in the dark about. Anyway he said the beginning of July, and I believed him. Boy will my face be red when the new iPhone is released next Wednesday ;)

5. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

I went to the CPW store today

They said it would most likely be July or it would have been in their June magazine, or atleast iPhone accessories but neither are...

6. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

dont think steve would be too happy if it was in any magazine!!!!!!!!!!!!
    tomorrow we will all know and i really hope the rumors of 02 doing a liitle deal for us are true:D:D