Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

"Servant," an Apple TV+ thriller produced and directed by M. Night Shyamalan, uses food to evoke a visceral reaction from viewers.

In a new video shared on Apple's Apple TV YouTube channel, Shyamalan and show creator Tony Basgallop talk about the importance of food in the show and how food conveys emotion.

"Servant" uses a professional chef on the set to prepare food for each scene where food is employed. Toby Kebbell, who plays Sean in the series, is also involved in the cooking.

"Servant" just wrapped up its first season, which consisted of 10 episodes. The show has been renewed for a second season, and the second season will presumably premiere late in 2020.

Article Link: Behind the Scenes Look at Apple TV+ Show 'Servant' Explores How Food is Used to Convey Emotion

Scooby_Snacks

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2018
I'll admit that Servant is a bit slow, not a lot happened in Season 1, but the focus on the food creation process, the cinematographic love-letter to that old Philadelphia mansion and that orgasm-worthy wine cellar (as well as the coke-addled Julian played brilliantly by Rupert Grint) has made it one of my favourite new shows. Assuming things pick up where they left off, season 2 should be a great ride!

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Vastly underrated show, started it yesterday. Slow pace, but so far very well done.

Reactions: nburwell

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Vastly underrated show, started it yesterday. Slow pace, but so far very well done.

Wholeheartedly agree here. It's probably my favorite show on Apple TV+(TMS was good, but not great, watched the first episode of See and didn't really get too into it, and FAM is just decent).

Scooby_Snacks

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2018
The food they served the guests in the season finale had a special ingredient that looked very appetizing.
Agreed! I had to searched on Google afterwards to see if it was even legal to serve without them knowing? Couldn't find the answer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.