Being a Registered iPhone Developer... worth 99 bucks?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by I'm a Mac, Apr 6, 2008.

1. I'm a Mac macrumors 6502

Does being a registered iphone developer give me access to the 2.0 betas?
    Is worth 99 bucks- It gives me permissions to add apps to my iphone without jailbreaking and still being under warranty, doesn't it - all i have to do is download 3rd party apps to my computer right and then put them on, right?

2. kfordham281 macrumors 6502

$99 gives you the digital certificate needed to redistribute applications. Without it, you won't be able to distribute apps through the AppStore. Not sure about access to the 2.0 beta.

3. atluten macrumors 6502

Hopefully I am not mistaken but being a registered developer and paying the $99 does give you access to the 2.0 beta as well as the ability to distribute your software on the App Store when it becomes available. Cheers.

4. spinstorm macrumors 68000

IF you get accepted then yes $99 gets you the developer certification and the 2.0 beta's as soon as they are released.

But IF is a big word here - as you have to be accepted BEFORE you pay $99 and it seems to be totally random right now - you probably have a 1 in 5 chance of actually getting accepted but who knows! maybe you will be lucky!

5. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

So do you think its worth a shot... and worth the hassle... I mean what else are the requirements besides updating my iphone?

I guess that means I'd have to restore my jailbroken phone.

I applied... which means I don't have to pay anything yet... right?

6. spinstorm macrumors 68000

Only IF they accept you to the paid program do you have to pay.

I don't know how long it will be before they let you know either way.

Having said that using pwnage you can use the 2.0 beta and transfer files from the SDK. But it is very buggy so not worth using!

7. I'm a Mac thread starter macrumors 6502

So do you think I should cancel my application?

8. spinstorm macrumors 68000

Why? If you get asked to pay then worry about it.

Right now yourl just be a free apple developer and get an email now and then.