being able to use the side button to skip songs would be a great feature

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lars666, Feb 25, 2017.

1. lars666 macrumors 6502a

Maybe I am the only one, but I would LOVE to have an option to use the side button of the Apple Watch to skip songs - double click=next track, triple click=previous track, normal click=pause/play, like we have learned it with the cable remote on the headphones. Having the option to use the Watch as a music remote like that while going through the streets / jogging would make it so much more convenient for me instead of activating the display, the music app and press the right symbols on the screen. First world problem, I know, but I really skip tracks a lot ... :)

I guess Apple will never implant this function as they probably want to keep the pre-defined function of the side button simple and clear and there probably also will never be a Jailbreak / Activator solution for this, but again: At least for me, this would be a great feature.

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Not going to happen since Dock access is an important and useful feature. Also double click brings up :apple:Pay.

3. lars666, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017

lars666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I guessed so, too – Apple probably won't offer this extra functionality (optional or not) to not confuse anybody. (Among other reasons.) Although – as far as I can see – at least double and third (?) click and wouldn't mess with the Dock access. You could leave out a single "pause/play" click in this case. You could also only activate this functionality when having left the watch with the music app opened or something like this

Apple Pay didn't arrive in my country yet, so I didn't know about that, but yes: If they have chosen double click to open Apple Pay, the already very slim chance of such an addition becomes completely non-existent, I guess.