Belgian Unlocked Mobistar Phones..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sweet160, Jul 29, 2008.

1. sweet160 macrumors regular

sweet160

Those Belgian phone on ebay, do they effectivly work on all operators around the globe without hacking them?

Or is it dangerous to buy them?

2. mkoesel macrumors regular

There has been some suggestion that they are somehow limited to certain coutries and/or service providers. Same thing with the HK and French ones. I'm not sure what the real story is, but I too am curious.

3. spinstorm macrumors 68000

Apple's official activation page says that belgian phones are LOCKED to their network in Belgium.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1937

I am aware there has been people claiming they are unlocked but not according to Apple.

France phones are also locked but orange will unlock them for a fee although as far as I am aware you have to give a french address or some other complication.

I believe there is a way around that but it is a lot of hassle.

Italy and Hong Kong iPhones are officially unlocked to ALL networks according to Apple.

I have read some people saying their HK phones did not work on other networks outside of HK so again its impossible to be sure.

I can 100% confirm however that Italian iPhone 3Gs are unlocked as I have one here in the UK working and I have tried every network SIM and they all work.

So go to Italy to buy one or get an Italian phone off ebay!

4. mkoesel macrumors regular

That is very good news then. How much did that phone cost you?