Belkin anti glare screen protector in Apple stores

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrMister111, Sep 30, 2016.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Anyone have one of these Belkin Anti glare screen protectors, bought and fitted (I think) by Apple, specifically in U.K. and for iPhone 7 plus if possible?
    http://store.apple.com/xc/product/HKHL2ZM/A

Are they worth it over say a BestSkinEver and manual fitting? Do you just buy it in Apple Store and they will fit it there and then? Is it always a perfect fit as I think they use some kind of machine?

Are they better than say a BSE, or a cheapo protector, maybe not fitted as well but can be changed cheaply when needed?

Thanks

2. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

No one...?...got a trip planned soon to Apple Store, don't go often so was hoping for help/feedback

Thanks

3. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Mine is the Belkin clear as installed by Apple.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    I like it because it doesn't extend pass the screen and result in a lifted edge due to the curve of the phone. However some people don't like it because it is cut just a cat hair narrower than the screen.

It bothers some people but I prefer the trade off of the current size over a lifted edge.

Attached Files:

4. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks, is this classed as a "case fit" type then? i.e. you could use an Apple silicone case for example and it wouldn't damage the protector?

Is it perfect then? Fitted I mean by Apple? No bubbles etc?

Have you used other screen protectors? Fitted yourself, BSE, Zagg etc, any better/worse than Apple fitted Belkin one?

Thanks

5. rijc99 macrumors 6502a

rijc99

Yes case friendly. The case I had on was the Apple black leather.

Apple fitted it perfectly with the machine. No bubbles or dust. They will reinstall if it's not perfect.

I used to use Zagg's glass. Overall Zagg's is good but currently I prefer Belkin's because the Zagg's glass extends slightly past the screen to where it starts to curve. It was case friendly too but because it goes past the screen it would always end up with a tiny bit of lifted edge which makes the glass stand out and obvious. I prefer the edge to be a cat hair narrower than the lifted edge. YMMV.