Belkin Candy Grip or Speck Candygrip Satin?

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Chapel Hill, NC
The lip of the candy grip covers some of the screen, so if you're screen protector isn't on absolutely perfectly, you may experience bubbling.

Comment

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
This Belkin is the best case (for me) I found so far.
BTW, the Zagg "case friendly" is smaller than the front opening of the case so you can put it in an angle and still be fine.

Comment

rmastbro

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
The lip of the candy grip covers some of the screen, so if you're screen protector isn't on absolutely perfectly, you may experience bubbling.
Used the "hinge" method to align the screen protector and have zero issues.

Comment

Macguy76

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Texas
Speck Candyshell Satin

I have so far bought 5 different cases for the iPhone 5. The top two are from Speck. The Candyshell Grip and the Candyshell Satin are the best so far! I have gotten a slider from Incase and I still prefer Speck's candyshell series. The satin is better than the normal candyshell due to the fact that it doesn't scratch nearly as easy!

Comment

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
I just ordered the raspberry candyshell today, I really wish they had that color in the satin though.

Comment

kyellowness

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Sorry if this is a stupid question but...
isn't it either Speck Candyshell Grip or Candyshell SATIN? or are you talking about both?
nevertheless, i've used speck before but dun like it cuz it cracked in half, after a few weeks of use. i love the design, hate the quality. dunno if it was a bad batch but.. :mad:

Comment

LyricalMenace

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Looking to get a Belkin Grip Candy Sheer myself.

Looking to get the Gravel/Blacktop color which seems to show on the website as available but it won't let me click the check box to order it...

I hear the Speck cases are a bit bulky on the iPhone 5 just like they were previously on the other iPhones.

I want something less bulky but with protection still so I am planning on trying the Belkin. You can check reviews on youtube it looks pretty good.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6_Gj7xalY There is your review with both cases head to head!

Last edited:
Comment

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
nevertheless, i've used speck before but dun like it cuz it cracked in half, after a few weeks of use. i love the design, hate the quality. dunno if it was a bad batch but.. :mad:
Was it one of the older ones, like around the time of the 3GS? I know people were complaining about the bottom area cracking then, but they did a redesign and as far as I know, that took care of the issue. None of the 4 or 5 I had for my 3GS and 4/4S ever cracked, at any rate.

Comment

mscann

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2011

Looking to get the Gravel/Blacktop color which seems to show on the website as available but it won't let me click the check box to order it...

I hear the Speck cases are a bit bulky on the iPhone 5 just like they were previously on the other iPhones.

I want something less bulky but with protection still so I am planning on trying the Belkin. You can check reviews on youtube it looks pretty good.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6_Gj7xalY There is your review with both cases head to head!
I got the gravel/blacktop sheer case. If you have the black iphone, you cannot really see through it. I am going to return it. They have one on verizon that is the same but the band is black instead of gray

Comment

RichardC300

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2012
Chapel Hill, NC

The CandyShell on the 5 is not bulky at all! I have a grip candy sheet and a CandyShell, and the CandyShell is ~1 mm thicker.

Comment

djr7572

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2011
Tacoma, WA
Without question, my vote goes to Belkin. I used feel that Speck had the best cases out there - not anymore. The last few Speck cases I've purchased have had peeling issues and they're so stiff, it's a pain to get them on and off. The Belkin Grip Candy Sheer is consistently flawless workmanship, easy on and off, and is cheaper than the Speck cases!

Comment