Belkin Candy Grip or Speck Candygrip Satin?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Christian6809, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Christian6809 macrumors newbie

2. DetTigers macrumors regular

Belkin. I like the fit better and it feels better in the hand.

3. rmastbro macrumors member

Got the Belkin grip candy sheer and it is the best case I have tried.

4. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The lip of the candy grip covers some of the screen, so if you're screen protector isn't on absolutely perfectly, you may experience bubbling.

5. V4705 macrumors 6502

This Belkin is the best case (for me) I found so far.
    BTW, the Zagg "case friendly" is smaller than the front opening of the case so you can put it in an angle and still be fine.

6. rmastbro macrumors member

Used the "hinge" method to align the screen protector and have zero issues.

7. Macguy76 macrumors regular

Macguy76

Speck Candyshell Satin

I have so far bought 5 different cases for the iPhone 5. The top two are from Speck. The Candyshell Grip and the Candyshell Satin are the best so far! I have gotten a slider from Incase and I still prefer Speck's candyshell series. The satin is better than the normal candyshell due to the fact that it doesn't scratch nearly as easy!

8. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I just ordered the raspberry candyshell today, I really wish they had that color in the satin though.

9. psywzrd macrumors 68030

What's the hinge method?

10. rmastbro macrumors member

http://youtu.be/PMPqDwVZzzM

11. kyellowness macrumors regular

Sorry if this is a stupid question but...
    isn't it either Speck Candyshell Grip or Candyshell SATIN? or are you talking about both?
    nevertheless, i've used speck before but dun like it cuz it cracked in half, after a few weeks of use. i love the design, hate the quality. dunno if it was a bad batch but.. :mad:

12. LyricalMenace, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

LyricalMenace macrumors member

Looking to get a Belkin Grip Candy Sheer myself.

Looking to get the Gravel/Blacktop color which seems to show on the website as available but it won't let me click the check box to order it...

I hear the Speck cases are a bit bulky on the iPhone 5 just like they were previously on the other iPhones.

I want something less bulky but with protection still so I am planning on trying the Belkin. You can check reviews on youtube it looks pretty good.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv6_Gj7xalY There is your review with both cases head to head!

13. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Was it one of the older ones, like around the time of the 3GS? I know people were complaining about the bottom area cracking then, but they did a redesign and as far as I know, that took care of the issue. None of the 4 or 5 I had for my 3GS and 4/4S ever cracked, at any rate.

14. mscann macrumors member

I got the gravel/blacktop sheer case. If you have the black iphone, you cannot really see through it. I am going to return it. They have one on verizon that is the same but the band is black instead of gray

15. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The CandyShell on the 5 is not bulky at all! I have a grip candy sheet and a CandyShell, and the CandyShell is ~1 mm thicker.

16. djr7572 macrumors regular

Without question, my vote goes to Belkin. I used feel that Speck had the best cases out there - not anymore. The last few Speck cases I've purchased have had peeling issues and they're so stiff, it's a pain to get them on and off. The Belkin Grip Candy Sheer is consistently flawless workmanship, easy on and off, and is cheaper than the Speck cases!

17. Jeeves441 macrumors newbie

18. dinesh29888 macrumors member

Go with Belkin grip candy sheer it's the best case i have used.