Belkin Candy Grip vs Caudabe Perimetric

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by barryst, Jun 3, 2013.

1. barryst macrumors regular

I currently have the Belkin Candy Grip but it's a bit scratched up and a bit grimy now.

Anyone had the Belkin and also experience with the Caudabe?. I like the overall feel along with the full coverage protection of the Belkin, so was looking at the Caudabe as another similar option that's available in an all-black color scheme.

Other suggestions welcome. I like the thinness of the Caudabe Veil, but don't like that it doesn't fully cover the bottom

Thanks

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

The Perimetric seems a little thicker than the Belkin. The Caudabe Streamline is probably a closer match to the Belkin. I had this case on my phone for about 30 seconds. It's no where near the quality of the Belkin Grip Candy. I feel like the Belkin is just the perfect fit, very snug to the phone but easy to get off, not easily scratched, and just the perfect amount of tackiness to the TPU material. The Caudabe Streamline wasn't "as snug" but felt very capable of keeping your phone in the case if it were to fall. I'd probably say it's slightly more slippery than the Belkin.

tl;dr: The Belkin is the closest to perfect you'll ever get for this type of case! Get another Belkin in a color that doesn't get dirty as easily!

3. barryst thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

Yeah I really like the Belkin, feels good in the hand and great fit.

I think I'll look into getting a different color

thanks again

4. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

I've got both the Candy Grip and the black Caudabe Perimetric. It's different than the Candy Grip. The Candy Grip is basically one piece TPU. The Perimetric has a plastic ring so there's two layers of protection. It's a little thicker but not appreciably more.

For my money, you can't beat the looks of the black Perimetric. The black iPhone in that case looks just insanely sleek. And I like the extra protection it gives. Just feels all around really sturdy. The thickness is not an issue for me. It's still way thinner than those otterboxes.

No experience with the Caudabe Streamline, but that seems like just a one piece TPU case.

5. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Good review of the Perimetric. More or less what I expected of the case by looking at the pictures. The Streamline is actually three pieces. Instead of being a one-piece TPU case, it's a lot like the Streamline, but there's 2 slim black plastic strips that go around the perimeter of the phone. I found it pretty annoying, because you could can kind of feel the transition from the TPU to the plastic rings.

6. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

I have the Perimetric as well and I switch between it and the Caudabe Veil when I want something thinner. The Perimetric is a very solid case and I agree about the looks, although I have the white one. The only thing I don't like is that clear/white TPU cases can get dirty over time which necessitates a cleaning. But, especially for the price, it's a tough case to beat.