Belkin Dock

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jrfiete, Sep 23, 2013.

1. jrfiete macrumors newbie

2. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Unfortunately it won't, where the lightning connector is attached is a wide piece of plastic that is too wide for the small opening in the case.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Posting an update: Got the Belkin Audio Dock and it works perfectly with the leather iPhone 5S case. Its a little snug, but thats good, it won't fall over or whatnot.

5. fraktur macrumors member

How is the removal of the phone from the dock? I've read that it often pulls the cable with it.

6. hansenc macrumors 6502

hansenc

Today was my first day back in the office with the iPhone Leather case. Was bummed to find out it didn't work.

Anyone tried modifying the dock yet?

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Only tried it a couple times, wasn't that bad. Worse case you hold the cable at the back while removing the phone. Not a deal breaker for me.

I tried to modify the dock by cutting the base of the built in cable. Failed in doing so. I was able to cut about 1/2 through the base of the cable but stopped because I didn't want to ruin the dock completely. Not the best angles to cut.

8. AJsAWiz, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

I see that others have reported that it doesn't work but I tried the Belkin dock with the leather iPhone 5s case in the Apple Store, for my sister who was buying the red leather case for her Space Grey 5s, and it worked. So, I ordered one online. My iPhone 5s is currently in the minimalist Scosche bumper. I'm guessing it will fit that as well.

9. Mlrollin91, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013

Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Then all the docks made by Belkin must be a newer generation. I've had mine since February, got it at the Apple Store, appears to be the same exact one they are still selling today, but it does not work. The base of the lightning plug is very wide, not allowing the lighting plug to fully reach the port on the bottom of the phone.

Edit: The part number from Belkin is the same one I ordered on Amazon, but the one on Apple.com is different. Instead of F8J045 it is F8J045BT. I thought that it was just because it was colored, but even the silver one has the different part number. It must have been redesigned.

Edit 2: According to the pictures on Apple.com the dock still has the wide lightning pin cable, which makes no sense on how you were able to get it to work. I've tried a dozen times too.

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Now, I didn't check to see if the dock connection worked with the cable attached. I just checked with my sister and she confirmed what everyone is saying here. At first she thought something was wrong with her charging dock then she took the case off and it charged. Here is a case that should work with most charging docks: http://www.amazon.com/GreatShield-i...d=1380029898&sr=1-1105&keywords=iphone+5+case
    The description on Amazon says this:
    Compatibility Information
    The Belkin Charge + Sync Dock is compatible with iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation).
    Depending on the type of case you have, you may need to remove your case before charging. If your speakers, Lightning connector, and AUX port are fully exposed when your case is on, you should be able to easily charge your iPhone without removing the case.