Belkin Essential 050 Question

Catcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
How is the dock opening for third party dock connectors? I like to charge my iPhone in the car and it fits most but not the very slim openings.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
How is the dock opening for third party dock connectors? I like to charge my iPhone in the car and it fits most but not the very slim openings.
I've used 3 different third party cables and all 3 have worked (Kensington car charger, Cable Jive, and Made2Dock).

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
No problem with connections

The opening is perfect for the Magellan Dashboard Mount (which also charges the phone) as well as my Kensington nightstand charger. The material is not like rubber or soft silicon - it's solid. Result, movement in the material that causes some problem with some cases isn't an issue here, and the opening is well-sized.

Also, I use Bose mobile headset and the plug fits right in without a hitch.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Any idea if the cutout will work with the ihome?
eh sorta.... I think I have this one I removed the dock adaptors so there is nothing there. If I put it in the dock sometimes it charges and sometimes not.. you just sorta have to jiggle it a bit for it to connect...:rolleyes:

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
eh sorta.... I think I have this one I removed the dock adaptors so there is nothing there. If I put it in the dock sometimes it charges and sometimes not.. you just sorta have to jiggle it a bit for it to connect...:rolleyes:

Swee. That's the ihome I have. Now I'm excited. I'm using the ballistic sg right now which is excellent protection but I hate having to take it out to play music.