Belkin Grip Vue Alternatives (iPhone4)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Pared, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Pared macrumors 65816

Does anyone know of any other clear TPU style case for the iPhone 4?

I have the Grip Vue and it's slowly but surely yellowing (or at least, not as "clear" as it once was) through normal usage.

I just want something that has the same style and full back and sides protection.

I don't care if it's a cheap eBay case or a more expensive case. Just would like an alternative/something similar.

2. Pared thread starter macrumors 65816

3. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Pared, I am in the same boat as you.
    I have the clear vue, and I really like the case. It provides great protection all around, it shows the stainless steel antenna, and it does not interfere with sgp Ultra Crystal screen protector.

I really like the case, but mine is slowly turning yellow as well, and it still suffers from the flash wash out issue.

I emailed Belkin the other day to see what they can do. Maybe they come out with a new model which does not turn yellow and does not have the flash issue. Still no response from them. I dont have my best buy receipt anymore so I cant return it at this time.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I just got this one the other day and am quite happy with it so far. My reason for wanting a totally clear TPU case was so the skin I have on my phone could be seen through it, and this does the trick nicely. I've only had it for a few days, so obviously I don't know about yellowing or anything as yet. The only flaw is that it watermarks like an SOB, which is to be expected with any TPU case that doesn't have some kind of design on the inside. It's invisible on mine, though, because of the aforementioned skin.

Somewhere in the accessories forum is a thread that contains a code to get one of these cases free (just pay for shipping); I'll see if I can find it. Oh, and the company's located in LA, not Hong Kong, so you don't have to wait 3 weeks to get the case in hand. :)

ETA: Here it is. I ordered 3 cases from them at once; the code worked on one only (obviously). Oh, and none of mine have the SIM-tray cutout that people were complaining about getting on cases from other manufacturers. Hope that helps!

5. pikkashoe macrumors regular

blueline, is the flash affected by this case?

Thats one of my problems with the belkin clear vue. My clear vue doesnt water mark, but thats not a concern to me.
    Where you able to get the coupon code to work? I cant get it to work, seems to only work for the argyle case which i dont want.

6. Pared thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still obsessed with finding something completely clear.

pikka, try using this: iphone4ccc2

Seems to work.

7. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Just tested it and no, it doesn't affect the flash at all.

Sorry about the code--I ordered 3 cases, 2 of which were the argyle ones, so I guess it used the code on one of those. Sorry! Even still, though, not a bad price.

8. pikkashoe macrumors regular

Oh cool.

Works, so I just ordered. Thanks.
    I will let you know how the case compares to the belkin clear vue ( or should i say belkin yellow vue, lol )

If it gets rid of the flash issue, then it will be perfect. Hopefully it doesnt turn yellow like the Belkin.

9. Pared thread starter macrumors 65816

Got the case today and it is fantastic. Simple and exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again as I couldn't be happier. It lets my wonderfully simple classic Apple gelaskin show through. :D