Belkin Grip Vue - Clear ***Pics inside

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
finally i decided to get the belkin at apple store. price is $49 but i think its really worth it. i can say it is a perfect case. the feel on the hands is so nice and look at the logo. it turned gray how cool is that :)

very solid and its tight.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
does the belkin case have some way that it can be laid down at an angle for typing like the apple case?

mntentman

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
Assuming it can't be docked in this case? Are there any silicone/rubber cases that can?

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
How's the screen orientation lock button access? It comes with the stand shown?

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
I think the stand shown is actually a business card holder from Office Depot. Looks just like the one I have, and it was on clearance for $.91

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010
Can't decide whether to get this one or wait for Incipio Feather case. $50 for a case is kind of steep. These case makers are getting us good with accessories. Wait until Iphone 4 comes out and we'll have to do this all over again.

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2007
CT
i had a crappy HHI silicone and the issues are the buttons. it almost impossible to slide in

but this one is really good. even you have a fat finger you will able to slide in and access the lock orientation button.

Is it scratch resistant? Seems to me like it would be prone to scratches.
i just had it for less than 24hrs, so i dont know. but checking now seems this case is not a prone to scratches.

@* ill try to post front pics later.

JohnRN

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I just bought the clear case as well. I completely agree with the op. This is an awesome case. It is very grippy fits nice n tight as well. I'm very happy I got this one. It's so grippy in fact that I can hold the iPad at an 85 degree angle with an open hand with no slippage :). Also helps with the "pillow" stand a great deal when I'm on the couch using the BT keyboard.

Furtim

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2008
This case looks great, but I'm waiting for a slider case from incase or uncommon just so I don't have to take off the whole case to dock it...but this case is very tempting!

JohnRN

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2010
Atlanta, GA
The case is rather flexible. I have no doubt that it could be modded to fit into the doc. I'm going to study it more and may try it. :) If I do I'll post pics if it works, I really don't like taking no for an answer, and it would be very nice if I could figure out a way to make it work.

StBDawg

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2008
I think the stand shown is actually a business card holder from Office Depot. Looks just like the one I have, and it was on clearance for $.91
How sturdy is the stand? I am looking for something like that to put on my desk for when I am using my bluetooth keyboard and to charge my iPad. Will the stand hold the iPad in Portrait and Landscape layout? Thanks.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
OP: Has any dust or debris found its way in between the iPad and the case? I would imagine that if stuff can get in, it wouldn't be a pretty thing to look at....

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
OK, I gave in and ordered one. Yes, it's overpriced, but I already wasted 10 bucks on a crappy silicone case from HHI and I don't feel like ordering something else I'm going to regret, so I'm just going to do it right this time and get the Belkin.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
OP: Has any dust or debris found its way in between the iPad and the case? I would imagine that if stuff can get in, it wouldn't be a pretty thing to look at....
My thought as well. No silicone case on my iPhone has been free of this issue and the issue being not so unsightly but more like the culprit of scratches.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My thought as well. No silicone case on my iPhone has been free of this issue and the issue being not so unsightly but more like the culprit of scratches.
Exactly. I ordered a silicone case for mine (Incipio Dermashot), but it's black, so dust and/or minor scratches won't be seen. Just being able to see a spec of dust would piss me off.

I recognize that if dust can get under an iPhone case, more dust will be able to get under a larger iPad case.

I elected for a silicone case purely because I think it'll be more comfortable to hold for long periods than a plastic case would be (like my Sedio Innocase on my iphone). I'm willing to trade some minor scratches in exchange for comfort.