Belkin Grip Vue - Clear ***Pics inside

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by T4R06, Apr 10, 2010.

1. T4R06 macrumors 65816

finally i decided to get the belkin at apple store. price is $49 but i think its really worth it. i can say it is a perfect case. the feel on the hands is so nice and look at the logo. it turned gray how cool is that :)

very solid and its tight.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

3. mntentman macrumors regular

Looks nice. Why don't I see a clear one on the Belkin website?

4. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

does the belkin case have some way that it can be laid down at an angle for typing like the apple case?

5. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

No. Plain case nothing else.

6. mntentman macrumors regular

Assuming it can't be docked in this case? Are there any silicone/rubber cases that can?

7. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

No. Anything that has case will not be docked.

8. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

A front shot would be great !

Excellent pics... Thanks so much for posting those!

9. dojoman macrumors 65816

How's the screen orientation lock button access? It comes with the stand shown?

10. jedolley macrumors 68000

I think the stand shown is actually a business card holder from Office Depot. Looks just like the one I have, and it was on clearance for $.91

11. dojoman macrumors 65816

Can't decide whether to get this one or wait for Incipio Feather case. $50 for a case is kind of steep. These case makers are getting us good with accessories. Wait until Iphone 4 comes out and we'll have to do this all over again.

12. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

Is it scratch resistant? Seems to me like it would be prone to scratches.

13. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

This case looks great although it's not worth $50 what so ever.

15. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

i had a crappy HHI silicone and the issues are the buttons. it almost impossible to slide in

but this one is really good. even you have a fat finger you will able to slide in and access the lock orientation button.

i just had it for less than 24hrs, so i dont know. but checking now seems this case is not a prone to scratches.

@* ill try to post front pics later.

16. T4R06 thread starter macrumors 65816

17. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

I just bought the clear case as well. I completely agree with the op. This is an awesome case. It is very grippy fits nice n tight as well. I'm very happy I got this one. It's so grippy in fact that I can hold the iPad at an 85 degree angle with an open hand with no slippage :). Also helps with the "pillow" stand a great deal when I'm on the couch using the BT keyboard.

18. Furtim macrumors member

This case looks great, but I'm waiting for a slider case from incase or uncommon just so I don't have to take off the whole case to dock it...but this case is very tempting!

19. JohnRN macrumors member

JohnRN

The case is rather flexible. I have no doubt that it could be modded to fit into the doc. I'm going to study it more and may try it. :) If I do I'll post pics if it works, I really don't like taking no for an answer, and it would be very nice if I could figure out a way to make it work.

20. StBDawg macrumors regular

How sturdy is the stand? I am looking for something like that to put on my desk for when I am using my bluetooth keyboard and to charge my iPad. Will the stand hold the iPad in Portrait and Landscape layout? Thanks.

21. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I like it when my cases get scratched. Then I know they "took one for the team"

22. Surely Guest

Surely

OP: Has any dust or debris found its way in between the iPad and the case? I would imagine that if stuff can get in, it wouldn't be a pretty thing to look at....

23. jeffy777 macrumors 6502

OK, I gave in and ordered one. Yes, it's overpriced, but I already wasted 10 bucks on a crappy silicone case from HHI and I don't feel like ordering something else I'm going to regret, so I'm just going to do it right this time and get the Belkin.

24. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

My thought as well. No silicone case on my iPhone has been free of this issue and the issue being not so unsightly but more like the culprit of scratches.

25. Surely Guest

Surely

Exactly. I ordered a silicone case for mine (Incipio Dermashot), but it's black, so dust and/or minor scratches won't be seen. Just being able to see a spec of dust would piss me off.

I recognize that if dust can get under an iPhone case, more dust will be able to get under a larger iPad case.

I elected for a silicone case purely because I think it'll be more comfortable to hold for long periods than a plastic case would be (like my Sedio Innocase on my iphone). I'm willing to trade some minor scratches in exchange for comfort.