Belkin Grip Vue replacement even worse

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Killerburst, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Killerburst macrumors newbie

I purchased the Belkin Grip Vue for iPhone 4 in July from Best Buy. When I saw the flash issue (white "clouds" in pictures from the flash reflecting off of the case) I wrote to Belkin asking for options to get this taken care of. They wrote back and said they were aware of it and would have revised cases available in two weeks. Well two weeks came and went ( I called, they didn't have new ones yet). Then another. Finally last week I got someone on the phone who sad he didn't have official confirmation that the new ones correct the issue, but they had a bunch in stock and he would send me a new one. I had to supply a credit card to guarantee the return of the defective one. Then he tells me I have to pay for return shipping. Not happy about that. I'm not returning because I changed my mind, I'm returning because the product has a design defect.

Fast forward to today. The case arrives. I pop it on the phone (first noticing how yellow my original case has turned since July- terrible). Well the holes around the camera/flash and the headphone/microphone are bigger, so I assume that might help. I'll never bother to test, though, as the sides of the case are totally deformed. The case bubbles out in two or three areas on each side and won't conform to the phone. This would be a great way to get dust and debris inside the case to rub against the bare phone. This is really awful. You would think they could get this right by now. I'm off to call Belkin again. Wish me luck.

Pic for comparison. The bottom one is the new one.

[​IMG]

2. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

I bought the clear case back in june and never had problem with the camera flash. I recently returned it to belkin because of its turning yellow...i didnt contact them or anything..just did replacement online and mailed it, and got a new case within a week. This is what it looks like. I havent tried it on yet because i have zagg shield on and dont want it to bubble up. but here is the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. dojoman macrumors 65816

99 cents case from everydaysource looks even better than new Belkin case.

4. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I bought my Grip Vue at the end of July and "think" I got one of the newer ones based on the looks of your pics. Are the sides (where the antennae is) frosted or clear? Mine is frosted and I think the originals where clear. I don't have any fit problems as far as the case being distorted. I did have a problem with the power button being too sensitive so I shaved a bit of material off and it works MUCH better.

5. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

My original Grip Vue was starting to yellow so I went through their online replacement system. I received my new case and sent the old one back. I again shaved (Dremeled) a little material from the power button area inside the case and the button work perfect now. The new case does seem to not fit as well on the sides. It's as if the case is slightly too small and the lip doesn't want to stay completely in place. Anyone else notice this? If it wasn't for this fit problem the case would be perfect. On a side note I received my free case from Apple. It is a Speck Pixelskin HD. The fit and finish of this case is absolutely perfect. The buttons work perfectly and the cut-outs are very nice. The only problem with this case is that the material is too hard and slippery. It does not inspire confidence while holding it as I'm afraid it might slip. That is what I like about the Grip Vue so much.

6. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

When you send the old one back, you can just send only the case back by mail, right? Seems like I got a newer version for the replacement; the fake iPod cardboard has a screen now, and the edges aren't as sharp anymore.

7. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

this is the worst case i have ever reviewed!!!