Belkin Hub

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rhobes, May 5, 2010.

1. Rhobes macrumors 6502

Rhobes

Hello-

I currently have the older iMac as in my sig. I'm buying a new iMac i7. Can I still use the Belkin Hub I currently have?

I know my current iMac has a USB that is slower than newer ones, don't remember the specifics. I'm not sure if the Belkin Hub I have is compatible for the newer USB 2.0

Anyone know?:confused:

2. Darwin macrumors 65816

Darwin

If the Belkin Hub is USB it'll work, if it can use the faster speed it will otherwise it'll run at 1.1 speeds.

When you get your new iMac plugging in the hub and checking the System Profiler will show you how fast its connecting at. Its only an issue if you want to plug something like a USB hard drive, if the hub runs at the slower speed so will those 2.0 devices connected to it.

3. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

It'll work, but it run's at 1.1 speeds. Something to do with the neworking etc, my wireless router is draft g so capable of 52mbps but the belkin seems to think that'll be a problem so it slows the transfer speeds.
    It's only an issue when ur copying GB's and not just files, works fine when backing up, I just leave my macbook open :p

4. Rhobes thread starter macrumors 6502

Rhobes

I looked at the bottom and stamped into the plastic it says "Hi Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Hub". I guess i should be good to go with it then....

5. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

My bad, I thought you were talking about this:
    http://www.belkin.com/networkusbhub/