Belkin IPhone 3G Armband?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ceuyan, Jul 15, 2008.

1. ceuyan macrumors member

has anyone tried the Belkin Iphone 3G Armband?

2. koalition macrumors member

it's really getting some bad reviews... I am looking for alternatives.

3. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I just returned one of these this evening. It's an absolutely horrible solution. The designer should simply be shot. The display cover is a scratchy material that creates bubbles against the glass, the case has an external stitch that causes a crease vs form fitting around the iPhone, and the plastic clip is fragile. There seriously isn't a single positive aspect about this case.

4. whitefirelight macrumors newbie

Belkin Armband Problems

I used mine 3 times, then the glue that holds the clear plastic cover on gave out. I liked the feel of it, if only it lasted a week.........if the cover was stiched down or sealed better it would be a better product. I didn't mind the tight fit and I thought the armband worked well enough.

5. jlarango macrumors newbie

This Armband/Case is Sucks!

My Belkin armband for iPhone 3G was mounted wrong on the belt clip and the plastic is horrible. Don't buy it. I'm still looking for a nice case with a removable belt clip. If you have ideas, please respond.

6. whitefirelight macrumors newbie

Try Sportsuit

I just replaced mine yesterday with the marware sportsuit, I like it a lot, I was iffy at first, but I opened it up in the store to make sure I woulk like it, and once I put it on the phone I was happy with it.

7. jlarango macrumors newbie

Armband

Where did you buy it? I'll have to try one!

8. gray67 macrumors member

gray67

How easy is it to get the iPhone in/out of the case? I have the DLO case but it's a bitch to get the phone in/out. I don't want to keep the phone in there all the time because the plastic cover does a crap job of transferring touch through to the iPhone (of course I also have an Invisible Shield on the screen so that doesn't help).

9. whitefirelight macrumors newbie

MarWare Sportsuit

Okay, so I bought mine at the Apple Store when I was in having a genius looking at my phone. It slides in and out pretty easily....I only use the armband for jogging, etc. and normally have it out of the case, so in and out is important for me too. I do like the case enough that I've considered leaving the phone in it all day, but I haven't done this yet to see if I really like it....the case is designed more as an all the time case than a jogging case.
    :)

10. whitefirelight macrumors newbie

Belkin Armband Update

So the armband I had that fell apart after 3 uses, (clear plastic cover seperated) was eventually replaced by the AT&T store where I purchased it at no charge. The 2nd one did last a bit longer (a few months and over a dozen uses) and now it has failed too. This time the metal clasp just broke in two for no apparent reason in the middle of a run. I won't even bother returning it again, I'll just use the sportsuit which works well, and perhaps jerry rig the Belkin somehow to work as a backup if I ever need it.....

11. whitefirelight macrumors newbie

SportSuit Case

:apple:
    The trick is to use a business card or piece of paper about the same size as a business card. Use it to cover the screen while sliding in and out and it becomes much easier.