Belkin iPod Car Adapter - A warning

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dr_lha, Oct 16, 2007.

1. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Hi,

A quick warning, I've been using occassionally my Belkin iPod Car Adapter to charge my iPhone and play music through the speakers. It was working fine (prompted me to go into Airplane mode but otherwise worked).

Last night I plugged it in and the screen went purple. My iPhone is now a brick. I'd think this was a random incident, but I found this last night where the guy describes the exact same thing happening as happened to me.

http://www.everythingiphone.com/for...e-could-not-restore-error-code-6-a-12608.html

So I'm issuing this as a warning. Before I thought that any iPod charger would be fine for the iPhone, but it seems that this may not be the case. I wish that someone would release a proper iPhone car charger kit.

BTW Apple already sent me a loaner and accepted my phone for repair, so I have no complaints there!

2. pooryou macrumors 65816

Did Apple have any comment on whether you are supposed to use those kind of accessories with the iPhone or not?

3. dr_lha thread starter macrumors 68000

They made no comment about it to me.

That said, it is a official iPod device, and I don't ever remember reading any strong warnings from Apple that you shouldn't use iPod chargers with the iPhone.

4. hidehide macrumors 6502

Which belkin car adapter did you use??
    Because im planning to get one too...