Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge - Issue with Apple Battery Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by status.six, Oct 17, 2016.

1. status.six macrumors newbie

Hi all

I received my Belkin Lightning Audio + Charge RockStar from Apple over the weekend. It works great connected direct to the iPhone but if like me you use an Apple Smart Battery Case there is a bug which keeps pausing playback after a few seconds. When it stops if you press play again playback resumes but obviously that's not a good solution. Swapping the charger lead with the headphones slightly changes the behaviour. Sometimes I can make it play without pausing but at the point where it would pause there is a little glitch in the audio. All pretty disappointing and what a lot of hassle to be able to charge and listen to music!

I spoke to Apple who said it should work but as it's a third party product to speak to Belkin. I guess using it with the Apple Battery Case is likely to be far less common than without so I don't hold out much hope of anything happening.

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Does it work fine when you don't have the battery case on? I have a 7+ so no battery case, but I did get the Belkin adapter over the weekend -- I'd be happy to give it a trial run if you need another data point.

I was happy I could use the adapter yesterday on a day trip down to Tucson - I had bluetooth earbuds with me, but the battery was low. It was nice to charge and listen via lightning yesterday in the car.

3. status.six thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi

Yes works perfectly without the Battery Case so it is some kind of interoperability issue. Belkin have responded and said it should work so are going to to replace my unit. I somehow suspect the new one will do the same!