Belkin Max 008

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by awtryau89, Jan 13, 2012.

1. awtryau89 macrumors regular

Never been much of a Belkin case fan. They make some good charging solutions but their cases always lacked quality IMO. I was given the Max 008 case and I really like this one. The website shows it at $34.95 but Target has it at $26.95. It reminds me a great deal of the Magpul cases. The case is made from a more rigid TPU but it fits very nicely. The back has a hexagon pattern with a rough surface and glossy recessed areas. It will not scratch or show fingerprints. All the buttons are very firm but easy to press. The cutouts are very precise. The case has the same feel at the Magpuls and seems to be made of exactly he same material. It has a great grippy feeling but its easy to get in and out of your pockets. It does not add much bulk at all but still is very protective. I would say its on the same level as the Candyshell or Commuter but with less bulk than both of those. My favorite part of the case is that it offers great lay on the table design but the lip of the case only covers the steel band. It will not interfere with at all with any screen protector or skin. Now comes to the bad part, I don't see much of a reason to purchase this case at $26.95 unless you just like the look. The Magpul is basically the same case for about half including shipping. Still, I prefer the look of this case over the Magpul and I did get it free so its a win-win for me. Just throwing it out there because I though some may want to take a look at it.

Attached Files:

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

After 500 views, I'll take the second to say thanks for sharing pics of the case and giving us a quick, simple review

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It does kind of resemble the Otterbox defender except for the back, but looks a good product.